2.6 Workstock Class: Nitrous, Propane, Hanging weight?

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
pulls

I WISH it could still be a true truck class were you could drive and use them and have a chance. I think, no I know them days are long gone. I'm just not willing to gut my truck and make it a pull only truck to compete. I still enjoy driving it on the street. Jeff

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
I WISH it could still be a true truck class were you could drive and use them and have a chance. I think, no I know them days are long gone. I'm just not willing to gut my truck and make it a pull only truck to compete. I still enjoy driving it on the street. Jeff

Couldn't agree more Jeff. I like driving mine around and having fun and pulling it. I'm just gonna trailer it this year b/c it's a pain to set up all the time especially when there's a helacious thunderstorm about tp hit ya!

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org

Those days aren't long gone. Many places still have pulls that reflect this. But in some areas of the country people/groups have allowed rules that effectively change that. It seems all the bigger pulls have lost track of where they came from and made it impossible for the "weekend warrior".

You can accept it and move on, or try to do something about it. Around here I have been trying as best I can to keep things from moving in that direction. We've even helped get rules changed in surrounding areas to move back in that direction. Don't give up hope.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That's what my entire point with threads like this is.

There should be a class for lightly modified street driven diesel pickups.

Slowly but surely, the allowable modifications for the stock class is being loosened.

First it was stock turbochargers, then
stock appearing no T4 adapters,
stock appearing with adapters,
2.5 no sleeves,
2.5 with sleeves,
2.6 no sleeves,
2.6 sleeved,
etc.

But at the same time, technology was increasing the power levels.

It makes sense if that's the way the trucks are being set up, but that is not the case. It's guys who can't hang in the big turbo classes who are pushing for their trucks to be classified as stock trucks by loosening the rules. The lion's share of hotrod Duramaxes are stock charger trucks.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Exactly and IMO you can milk plunty out of the stock LB7 charger to be very competitive. But it takes a lot of work, and further more, I believe that the more you work on setup and the little things with the stock charger, the more rewarded you will be in the end when you put a big charger on a truck.

IMO when putting on a charger, you might as well do rods, pistons, headstuds, billet injector hold downs etc etc.

The next step is any sized single with a single CP3. :rofl:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Eric, Its one event! Thats what I don't get. Everyone has there panties in a bunch for "1" pull. If they just changed the rulls I could see it, but they have always been that way. I would almost bet money a nos "does not" win the event. It sure would be fun to try:D. Jeff

I agree with Sting. It is one pull. I don't agree with the rules, but it there event and they make them, no matter how ridiculous.:rolleyes: And I don't agree with any rules that don't allow hanging weights. If you don't, you have to adjust hitch height accordingly for the various wheelbases or something.

Goes to show most pullers don't want to see NOS. Look at the mod class. They won't travel if guys can spray against them.

Last year our buddy Devin took his stock charger LB7 and got 11th out of about 60 trucks. His best weapon was the pulling order. He pulled late in the class and it was a nice road by then. And he towed the LMM to the pull and back home.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
Last year our buddy Devin took his stock charger LB7 and got 11th out of about 60 trucks. His best weapon was the pulling order. He pulled late in the class and it was a nice road by then. And he towed the LMM to the pull and back home.

you arent kidding about that at the start of that pull it was almost a mud run:rofl:

HeavyHD

*Maxxed Out*
Oct 26, 2008
NW Indiana
I think alot of people forget about the "fun" part. Yeah its great to come home with first place but what happened to having fun? I prefer going to county fairs and brush pulls way out in the boonies over these big events anymore. You dont have to deal with the dumb drunks at night and everyone is there just to relax, yank the sled, and have a good time.

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
I think alot of people forget about the "fun" part. Yeah its great to come home with first place but what happened to having fun? I prefer going to county fairs and brush pulls way out in the boonies over these big events anymore. You dont have to deal with the dumb drunks at night and everyone is there just to relax, yank the sled, and have a good time.

You haven't seen dumb drunks until you've been to the pull at Tampico, IN. Holy crap, it's like being at a Rock Concert/ Kegger and truck pull breaks out.

I do agree, the "FUN" part is definately been put to the way side in truck pulling. And I hate to admit it but I have been guilty of this. That's one of the reasons I pulled in a higher class than usual, just to being back the "FUN" part of it.

TAZMAN10

May 12, 2009
What I saw at TS.

I was interested in going to TS but when they annouced Scheid was running the pull I decided to pass. Scheid has not run a good pull since Sledpuller ran it for them. Even then they tryed hard to screw it up. All the Scheid pulls after Sledpuller have been a joke.

Well, this is my first post here but I figured I would chime in since I had a run in with the Shied/TS guys first hand. What you guys may not have seen was..I had Kuselics truck set with a 5400RPM limiter and to my great surprise, the track was terrible and the truck hit the rev limiter, 50FT out. When I had them pull the truck back, I was met by a rep of Shied and I was told some things that didn't set well with me or any D-Max guy. I then politely explained that I was about to show him what a D-Max can do so I set the limiter to 6200RPM. The truck carried 5860RPM for a long time. The TS/Shied rep told me it wouldn't hold up for the lead. I just laughed and walked away. Then when Rod Tarr came up with his second truck, I guys the TS/Sheid guys decided it was time to help him and started prepping the track. This was the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen at any pulling event. I don't care if you like Dodge, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota, that was BS.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Well, this is my first post here but I figured I would chime in since I had a run in with the Shied/TS guys first hand. What you guys may not have seen was..I had Kuselics truck set with a 5400RPM limiter and to my great surprise, the track was terrible and the truck hit the rev limiter, 50FT out. When I had them pull the truck back, I was met by a rep of Shied and I was told some things that didn't set well with me or any D-Max guy. I then politely explained that I was about to show him what a D-Max can do so I set the limiter to 6200RPM. The truck carried 5860RPM for a long time. The TS/Shied rep told me it wouldn't hold up for the lead. I just laughed and walked away. Then when Rod Tarr came up with his second truck, I guys the TS/Sheid guys decided it was time to help him and started prepping the track. This was the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen at any pulling event. I don't care if you like Dodge, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota, that was BS.

That doesn't surprise me.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I don't know how true it is, but someone said that a 2.8 Scheid/TS truck was allowed to jump ahead of the other entries to get a better pull.

Which puzzles me. Why bother? Surely you are not allowed to trophy in a class you control, right? :rolleyes: