2.6 Workstock Class: Nitrous, Propane, Hanging weight?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43123

Lordy. What have I said? Dodge guys are going to make whatever rules they need to win. They don't even outlaw sleeving the charger.

So for WorkStock, you could run 1000rwhp in a Cummins. GT42 sleeved and spray the crap out of it. :eek:

It's great to see SuckUp Inc, drool over anything TS says. :rofl:

I imagine this will change as TS and Scheid move into the Duramax market and need to sell stuff, but for now, it's just cool to hear some of the logic:

DockBoy: Nitrous can't hurt a diesel. :eek: Uh, he just blew the crap out of engine on the bottle I thought? :confused:

Timbeaux: Whatever Dennis says is derived straight from the Bible, and there is no way a Dodge guy would ever consider for any reason to make rules to give advantages to Dodges. Dennis doesn't need a boat according to Tim, since he can just walk to Europe if he so desired. :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - Why does everyone think air flows IN from a MWE groove? It flows out. If they want the rule to have teeth: All MWE grooves must be at least .25" below the minor dia tip of the compressor wheel.

6speedduramax

Is Here to Learn!!
Mar 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
I hate how cummins guys always have to be the best, and when they do get beat by anything other then a god awful 6 cylinder they make excuses, or in this case make rules like that for their benefit!! :angry5:

CUMMINS =:gay:

:D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
A true Workstock class, like from 3 years ago, would be a fight between the newer trucks (still insured and making payments).

But since a 12v can't hang in under those rules, they just keep opening them up.

What is also puzzling is why Dockboy ("all pullers are inbred retards") is all over that thread swinging from TS's sack. He doesn't pull, he doesn't have workstock truck, and he doesn't run a 2.6" single.

blownblue

Oct 22, 2008
Acme, WA
Wow now that was a fun thread to read over at Compd.. Makes me sit and think why do people want to get involved in pulling when the entry level classes have so many modifcations alloud. :confused:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Work Stock? Sure, if you work at a destructive testing laboratory perhaps. :D

My thoughts exactly. I was going to add my .02 to that thread but I figured it would be a waste of my time.

It's the equivalent of a work stock gas class running NOS, 15:1 compression, Jet Fuel, upright headers, etc.

I could see them calling it a 2.6 class, but a 2.6 "Workstock" :confused::eek:

The name and the rules are as oximoron as you can get.

Actually I think I am going to put my .02 in over there :D

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
The "Workstock Class" is justified by must be registered/insured & no hanging weights. I thought work stock was a 2.5 & 2.6 was a whole different class?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The "Workstock Class" is justified by must be registered/insured & no hanging weights. I thought work stock was a 2.5 & 2.6 was a whole different class?

2.5" and stock charger classes are being slowly eliminated. If you say anything about it, you get labeled as a troublemaker it appears.

But when you read the threads and do a little research, you find that the lion's share of those who "toe the line" and throw insults at anyone who questions the demise of WS, aren't usually pullers, or pull but aren't running WS.

Conversely, the majority of hotrodded late model diesels are WS trucks. Yet rules are being tailored for the smaller # of heavily modified trucks.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rules

I tryed to stir the:rofl: #### up but didn't do very well at it. The rules have always been that way there. I'm not sure why they are bit##### about the rules the guys with purpose built truck wont spray anyhow. They would have to change there setup and there not going to do that for 1 pull. The guys running NOS would run it if it was legal or not. I may have to pull at that event to give them someone to hate. Its hard to compete with a purpose built chassis truck but it would be fun. Jeff

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I wouldn't be against N20 if reasonable class separation where obtainable but when the current classes are separated largely by charger size, the stock turbo class could have trucks as strong as 800+rwhp if N20 were allowed and who knows how high with bigger chargers and that's simply not reasonable.

Only place for N20 might be a RWYB type of class but not in every class. Just one class.

Also, there are no other pulling classes from garden tractors to the baddest smoker tractors to the blown 2wd and 4wd trucks that allow it UNLESS it's some kind of RWYB class and you don't find those types of classes in any respectable organizations.

C-ya

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I wouldn't be against N20 if reasonable class separation where obtainable but when the current classes are separated largely by charger size, the stock turbo class could have trucks as strong as 800+rwhp if N20 were allowed and who knows how high with bigger chargers and that's simply not reasonable.

Only place for N20 might be a RWYB type of class but not in every class. Just one class.

Also, there are no other pulling classes from garden tractors to the baddest smoker tractors to the blown 2wd and 4wd trucks that allow it UNLESS it's some kind of RWYB class and you don't find those types of classes in any respectable organizations.

C-ya

Yup, simply from a logical standpoint, allowing nitrous removes the turbo out of the rules equation. A charger with a 2.6" inducer can flow at least 700rwhp without any real tricks. Nitrous is capable of adding 1/3rd more power without pushing too far. So about 1000rwhp.

The meanest street (no concrete) engines are perhaps 1200rwhp on the bottle, so the rules don't separate the HP very much between street classes.

But like many of the postings in that thread said, if the real WS guys want to complain, they should just have one street class, anything goes.

I do wonder if the "trailer-queen" guys would have their same opinion if there were just 1 class and they had to pull against the Mod trucks. Hell no. It's "bitching" when someone else says something, but it's "cheating" if they are affected instead. They are fairly transparent.

Obviously I have no dog in the hunt, as I would never run at any event that TS Performance had a hand in. That's just me. But sled-pulling rules tend to be affected by other events regardless of location. I don't even agree with non-OEM chargers being used for WS, but 2.6"s + Nitrous is so far out in left field that it is comedy.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
My thoughts exactly. I was going to add my .02 to that thread but I figured it would be a waste of my time.

It's the equivalent of a work stock gas class running NOS, 15:1 compression, Jet Fuel, upright headers, etc.

I could see them calling it a 2.6 class, but a 2.6 "Workstock" :confused::eek:

The name and the rules are as oximoron as you can get.

Actually I think I am going to put my .02 in over there :D

I doubt posting an opinion there will do much. They took a poll (yet allowed non-WS guys to vote) and the answer was no nitrous in WS, but if you read the thread, it appears to be the opposite. They even listed who voted so you can tell that more non-WS guys voted YES than WS trucks did.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
man that means if I wanted to pull I could just put 3 stages of nos on and make up for having to small of a turbo now with the dual cp3's and 30% injectors loldarn have to loose a few teeth to. :angel:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I dont even bother with them cummins guys no more. I work with one that worship cummins. He tells me my duramax will never hall what his cummins will and we can pull the same weight loaded and he will smoke my ass. First off who in there right mind is gonna race with 30k on the wagen. The truck is working enough you dont need to put any more strane on her. I just let him run his month. Although i do have a vp truck that wants to race me for gobs of money after i put my 4202 and my modified cp3 on the truck im thinking about taking that race. He is all fuel