LLY: Zf temp gauge

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Well I've been going back and forth about either having my Allison built or swapping to a zf-6. I think I've decided on the zf swap, I really miss my old lb7/zf truck. I want this to look totally factory so I know I'll need the clutch pedal assembly, anybody have a gm p/n for that? As well as the master and slave, column cover, shifter, and boot. As well as flashing in an lly/zf o.s. I'm alright with taking the cluster apart and covering up the PRND321 somehow. The real questions I haven't found answers too are, the reverse light switch and tranny temp gauge. Is there anyway to hook up the back up lamps to the factory Allison harness? Is there a way to hook up the tranny temp gauge in the Allison cluster to the zf? Not that I'm really concerned with monitoring the trans temp but I just think it'd be a trick thing to do. Anybody shed some light for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
If you truly want a factory finish you will want to get the correct harness. You could make one with your current harness if you like too I suppose.

chevdog

Feb 17, 2010
I'm in the process of doing the swap right now. I could be wrong, but as far as tranny temp, I don't think you could hook it up to the factory guage. The allison sends a signal through the tcm I believe, and since you doing the swap with a zf is, it will eliminate the tcm. I will look further into it with my zf wiring schematics. Since the zf's didn't come with them from the factory, there is nothing in a zf OS for the guage.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I'm in the process of doing the swap right now. I could be wrong, but as far as tranny temp, I don't think you could hook it up to the factory guage. The allison sends a signal through the tcm I believe, and since you doing the swap with a zf is, it will eliminate the tcm. I will look further into it with my zf wiring schematics. Since the zf's didn't come with them from the factory, there is nothing in a zf OS for the guage.

That is what I was afraid of and figured. I was just hoping against hope it was a direct reference wire to the cluster. And slipclutch I won't know till I get a zf reverse light switch in my hand but I'm hoping I can get just the connector and figure out which wires on the alli harness tell reverse lights to light up. But, are they run through the tcm as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk