Question: ZF-6 Ignition Tumbler Part #

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Does anyone have the ign. tumbler part # for a zf equipped truck? I keep pulling up a AC Delco D1498G. Is this the right one?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
What would be different about them? jw. But as a suggestion when i look for special parts that I think a parts guy might have trouble with, I'll search ebay (or something like that) for that model and copy the VIN posted to have the parts looked up under that.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
What would be different about them? jw. But as a suggestion when i look for special parts that I think a parts guy might have trouble with, I'll search ebay (or something like that) for that model and copy the VIN posted to have the parts looked up under that.

They have a thumb release to let the key rock back all the way. Like most manual transmissions. Not that u probably need it. See about a part number from the dealer and shop around

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I actually was able to track one down. Rock Auto had them for $35 and the dealer wanted $70. I have the part # somewhere.

You need the one with the little button on it to be able to roll it back to remove the key.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I actually was able to track one down. Rock Auto had them for $35 and the dealer wanted $70. I have the part # somewhere.

You need the one with the little button on it to be able to roll it back to remove the key.

Glad u figured it out post up that number just in case mine goes out!

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
# 12472981 Got this from the dealer.

There were quite a few places that carried them but some had a $30 handling fee (??).

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
zf>allison, Elsberry huh... you admit that... :rofl: I lived on New Hope Rd. on the south/west side of town for about 10 years (shhhh... don't tell anyone.)

jc

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
zf>allison, Elsberry huh... you admit that... :rofl: I lived on New Hope Rd. on the south/west side of town for about 10 years (shhhh... don't tell anyone.)

jc

That's like a mile and a half from me. Ehmler acres son! I go to troy for everything lmao I try to stay out of smellsberry

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
So you just got a Elsberry address. OK, I'll give you a little slack... just a little :D.

I moved out in '01, then we moved to Hawk Point on 17 ac. Then in '08 we moved here to Oregon (moved for jobs). I lived in the StL metro area all of my life till '08.

Also, I bought this truck from Marquitz in '05.

jc

Last edited: