Zero Smoke?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I Am Looking For A Zero Smoke Tune For Emmision Reasons Here In Ohio. Cam Anyone Help. My Os Is 15141668

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Are you wanting a tune for dailey driving, or just for an emissions inspection. If its just for inspection, i'd throw in a stock tune.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
no that does not work cause with the cat deleted it will still smoke a hair if throttle is stabbed. i believe Pat is working on somethin there can be no smoke at all

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
OK, basically you need less fueling in the areas the bigger charger is spooling up.

My first idea would be this:

I'm going to change B0727 in rows of throttle 40% and up. 35% is freeway cruising, and we know that's clean. See attached picture.

This cuts back fuel when you stab the throttle. Uses this with a stock Main Injection Tables B0720/B0721. Cut and paste these into your MCR tune from your stock tune.

Not elegant, this is a "gelding" tune that reduces the power in your truck 20%.

Attachments

• defuel.JPG
    defuel.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 38

Killerbee

Got Honey?
B0751 and 52 is where fuel is limited to a specific fraction of air intake. Essentially holds back your other fueling tables until you get spoolup. I also use an equivalance ratio PID of sorts to log the comparable fraction of fuel to air.

I suggest you start lowering the numbers on these tables. This should apply regardless of your induction method, I have much luck with smokeless tuning, and passed emissions catless here.

What is the opacity number you need to get under?

Last edited:

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
I was going to suggest the B0751/2 as well. They really help in the spool-up department as well, when raising values....adds some smoke, too.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yes, you can work with MAF<--> fuel, but basically you want to cut back fuel for the test, then add it again later.

The Throttle table is more intuitive, especially with aftermarket intakes or turbos.

If you know the test is a certain range of RPM or throttle position, just cut it there. With the MAF, you need to have an idea of what the MAF "actual" flow rate is in the area tested, and fueling alters MAF flow rate since it's a turbocharged engine.

I can tune up to a GT45 single for street use without even a MAF sensor plugged in usually.

You can do this with Main Injection Pulse too.

Last edited: