Yukon Dura Grip Rear Differential ??

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Has anyone used one before? I am curious about the life of the clutches and how well they grip for a DD use. Long story short, I got from a friend that didn't end up using it or I probably would have got a True Trac.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Has anyone used one before? I am curious about the life of the clutches and how well they grip for a DD use. Long story short, I got from a friend that didn't end up using it or I probably would have got a True Trac.
I was told by a very reputable shop near me that if you were not going to punish them regularly , that they were ok ! And as you already realize True Trac is better !

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mostly it will be DD and pulling trailers, Do you know what there weak link is?

the clutches. just like any other clutched limited slip, they wear against themselves every time you turn. The big plus behind the eaton tru trac or dodge tru trac is its all worm gears so no wear parts and no need for an additive. how long it last depends on abuse.

id rather have the eaton. actually id rather have the G80 but im retarded on that fact.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
id rather have the eaton. actually id rather have the G80 but im retarded on that fact.
I actually can agree with this statement. If someone could beef up the G80 somehow I'd go that route front and rear.
I've never actually driven a truck where the G80 still works at all (they have all been somewhere between open diff and open diff with horrible grinding noises). But my Suburban has the stock clutch-based locker (not a G80, but similar AFAIK), and it is really freaking sweet.

A stronger G80 would be nice if it drives like the Suburban. That locker is telepathic. We shall see how long it lasts behind a 425 HP LB7, though I try to be easy on it.

It sounds like no one makes a truly strong clutch style locker for the AAM 11.5?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Pretty sure the g80 in my lly is gone. Sometimes I think it works but mostly no. Pretty sure t was fine in the lb7 as I could not keep the ass end behind me of it was even slightly wet.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Surprisingly my G80 lasted to 220k miles of pure abuse. 500hp and 20 year old driving habits starting at 120k miles :roflmao:. There is a counterweight that swings out and keeps it from locking above like 15mph. I took the spring for that and wound it up about 6 times. It made it always engage for me regardless.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
One in my truck has about 70-80k on it now and no issues. The other diff had 180k on it and still looked good and worked well.

I’ve contemplating doing the same when I change the fluid Dustin. That 15mph limiter gets annoying sometimes but off road or the occasional quick drift from a stop never stopped me lol

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Surprisingly my G80 lasted to 220k miles of pure abuse. 500hp and 20 year old driving habits starting at 120k miles :roflmao:. There is a counterweight that swings out and keeps it from locking above like 15mph. I took the spring for that and wound it up about 6 times. It made it always engage for me regardless.

Is this really a thing? Mine have worked pretty well over the years, but it's super annoying when you have a nice drift going in the rain and it stops working.