Yeti Cooler Sale

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
There is a 20% off yeti cooler sale on ebay through a1bargins. It ends tomorrow. I have been on the edge of ordering one and finally bit the bullet. I figure it will pay for its self pretty quick in the summer when we are camping. Running and getting ice adds up. 2 of my buddies have them and swear by them. Should keep my busch light nice and cold.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I have a 50 quart and its awesome, I buy ice once a week unless its 90+

With my cheap walmart x-treme cooler I am lucky to get 2 days. My buddies with the yetis go all weekend. Not to mention how much colder there beer is. Only downfall is sometimes they have to open drain plug to get lid open cause the suction it creates.

I am definitely going to make the lock kit for mine.

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
I install alot of Wincore windows and got a free one from them for Christmas! Its a 45qaurt i believe, they work damn good:thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
They are made in Austin IIRC and I hear you can get a pretty go deal on one with blemishes if you know the right people.

I hate them way to heavy handle. My Colemen x-treme will last 3 day in 95-100. The guys with Yetis get 5, but its pretty hard to quantify though. Who says which one gets opened more and for longer. You have to season a Yeti for them to be much better them any other cooler, so its not much less ice.

I can tell you if you add a SMALL chunk of dry ice in one it will freeze the whole SOB into a block of ice.:roflmao:

Last edited:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Anyone still looking at yeti's, get one smaller than 50 quart, I have a 50 and love it but for personal use its just a tad too big. I plan to get another, hopefully for fathers day, just don't know what size is optimal but just big enough for 12 and a 10lb bag would be perfect, 40 quart?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Yeti rates there coolers for 1 pound of ice for every can of beer. So if its rated for 12 beers it will fit 12 pounds of ice. I am vary happy with my 35. I can fit a18pack in the bottom half and fill the other half with ice. I usually just throw in a 8 pound bag otherwise your digging through to much ice. Only thing I don't like about it is the weight.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Sounds like I need a 35. And your right about the weight, I have a black fingernail from two months ago trying to slide my heavy 50 in my truck bed lol. Although they are heavy, that's what makes the ice last so I'll deal with it.