LB7: Year Differences

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I know that the 01-02 bellhousings use an -8 AN size going into the bellhousing for both to and from, and the 03 fitting they got me at the dealership by mistake were -10's. I know the 01-02's are -8 internal O-ring fitting as the steel lines wouldn't fit mine so I went with braided hose instead and had to get -8 to -10 unions and make a custom -8 O-ring to -10 flared to hook-up my lines. My new radiator which uses the newer fittings(my 01 fittings wouldn't thread into it) are a -10 O-ring, same as the 03+ external tranny coolers thread size. GM makes adapter fittings that will allow an 03 bellhousing to hook-up directly to the 01-02 lines with no modifications.

-8 3/4X16
-10 7/8X14

I got some ORBxAN fittings and decided not to use them as they put a even bigger restriction in line....hope your fittings are better:)

Dura-Ration

You Shoulda GotA Diesel
Jun 20, 2008
Escatawpa, Ms.
Thanks

Thank you Sweetdiesel for the price check. I'm willing to pay 500 and go get it, so back to looking I go.
Seems a little steep to me? But keep in mind if you find a trans for say 600.00 you still have to ship it and that is costly

Unless you can drive and pick it up

Dura-Ration

You Shoulda GotA Diesel
Jun 20, 2008
Escatawpa, Ms.
Thanks

Thanks man, I hope your right, I'll keep looking.
Something I do know!

I looked around Alberta, and the going rate for an allison core was 1000 bucks, regardless of condition.

I imagine since your in the states it would be a bit cheaper.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I know that the 01-02 bellhousings use an -8 AN size going into the bellhousing for both to and from, and the 03 fitting they got me at the dealership by mistake were -10's. I know the 01-02's are -8 internal O-ring fitting as the steel lines wouldn't fit mine so I went with braided hose instead and had to get -8 to -10 unions and make a custom -8 O-ring to -10 flared to hook-up my lines. My new radiator which uses the newer fittings(my 01 fittings wouldn't thread into it) are a -10 O-ring, same as the 03+ external tranny coolers thread size. GM makes adapter fittings that will allow an 03 bellhousing to hook-up directly to the 01-02 lines with no modifications.

-8 3/4X16
-10 7/8X14

Thank you, that's reassuring that GM has fittings to hook up my 01-02 lines to an 03 bellhousing if my housing happens to be an 03.

Those fittings are AN fittings though, correct? If so, I suppose I could go hilljack :D on it and get some fittings that'll thread into the bell and accept braided hose instead of the steel lines. :D I feel a little better about it now.

Now where is mytmouse with his plethra of AN fittings he recently acquired from the landfill scavenging?!?!? :hehe:

C-ya
Mitch

Last edited:

8.1-Allison

Sep 2, 2022
GM makes adapter fittings that will allow an 03 bellhousing to hook-up directly to the 01-02 lines with no modifications.
Hello trying my luck to see if I get an answer. Would you happen to know the name of the fittings or have a link to where I can purchase them