Year 2005. Where did Duramax twins start?

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
I found an old thread from 2005 discussing twin turbo history for the Duramax. Some of the old players in Diesel are in it. Mike L, Diesel Tech (Steve), IdahoRob, Nathan@MPI, myself, Phil from DPC, David Dunbar, etc.

It is funny too see how IdahoRob was able to quickly get his LLY into the 12s using them.

Its a long read. But really worth it. Many of these guys ended up helping in one way or another. Yeah, its been nostalgia month for me lately:)

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/#/topics/2970?page=1

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wow, you arent kidding how old that was. Good Old TDG. Werent the first "official" set of twins on GotJuice's truck?

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
Hmmmm, that is weird. I clicked the linkee from this page and went right to it.

The thread is titled "Twins ?" You may be able to do a search on their site and get it that way.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The twins on my my blue truck are the ones that Nathan built the LB7 jig with. Ken Florey bought them and ran them on his LB7, sold them to Mika in Finland, I bought them from Mika when I was in Alaska. Modded them to go on my LLY and now they are home in Boise where they were first built. Still working perfectly:thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Haha @ juice grips. Jon was a funny dude

He almost became a Mounty ( RMPC ). After the testing and interview along with the personal investigation; he was put on the fast track. This is unheard of. Seems they saw something great about him.:thumb: He dropped out. I think it would have taken away too much time from his sheep.:roflmao:
I miss Juice.

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
The twins on my my blue truck are the ones that Nathan built the LB7 jig with. Ken Florey bought them and ran them on his LB7, sold them to Mika in Finland, I bought them from Mika when I was in Alaska. Modded them to go on my LLY and now they are home in Boise where they were first built. Still working perfectly:thumb:

Man, that was 14 years ago. Crazy. Time flies. I talked to Nathan last weekend.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Hmmmm, that is weird. I clicked the linkee from this page and went right to it.

The thread is titled "Twins ?" You may be able to do a search on their site and get it that way.

My PC must hate the link haha, if I search for it I can find it. Thank you!

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
He almost became a Mounty ( RMPC ). After the testing and interview along with the personal investigation; he was put on the fast track. This is unheard of. Seems they saw something great about him.:thumb: He dropped out. I think it would have taken away too much time from his sheep.:roflmao:
I miss Juice.

So much has changed. Fueling and turbos have gotten better in the last 14-15 years. Trannys hold up wayyy better too.

Watching trucks do 12s, 11s, 10s, and 9s in such a short span of time was surreal.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Keith had twins on Nasty Girl as early as 2006. Maybe even ‘05 before he got his engine built. That was a badass truck. One of the first to break 1000hp and 10’s.

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
Keith had twins on Nasty Girl as early as 2006. Maybe even ‘05 before he got his engine built. That was a badass truck. One of the first to break 1000hp and 10’s.

I recall Nathan talking to me about building Keiths twins. He built those in 2006 and sent me his injectors down to build at the same time. Keith was the first 1000hp durmax that I know of.

Keith went on to do more later. More dynos, drag racing, different injectors, etc. Then he kinda just fadded away

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Is that truck still sitting up there with no power train?

Last I heard yes. Curtis Halvorson was the last owner that I know of but that was a couple years ago.

The engine and trans went south of the border.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I recall Nathan talking to me about building Keiths twins. He built those in 2006 and sent me his injectors down to build at the same time. Keith was the first 1000hp durmax that I know of.

Keith went on to do more later. More dynos, drag racing, different injectors, etc. Then he kinda just fadded away

Whatever happened to Nathan? I have had a few of his compound kits,
And the fit on his kits were spot on !

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
Whatever happened to Nathan? I have had a few of his compound kits,
And the fit on his kits were spot on !

He is still in Boise. He got out of Diesel and is making muzzle brakes now. He has a few CNC machines running a ton of hours on the daily.