Yeah, these trucks generate some torque....

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
So do you run around with the spring clamps on all the time Wes?

Yes. Helps with the braking a LOT when Im draggin heavy tagalong trailers.

Do you find the clamps make a big difference?

See above.

So I take it they made a big difference?

At the track they did and they didn't. It definately plants the rear tires better, but on stock 245's and with a big enough tune, it will still blow the tires off thru 1 and 2. The most noticable difference was no wheelhop.... That was driving me nuts. Clamps made a helluva difference getting rid of that and also kept the back end from skipping around under hard braking with all the weight in the bed.

Damn Wes, those are HD u-bolts too. :spit:

Not HD enough for me. :rofl: The reason I cranked them so hard was that I wanted that big overload leaf pulled tight to the rest of the spring pack. That mother just didn't want to pull up, so out came the breaker bar.:D

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
wes tested clamps at the track with a 2wd, reg cab lond bed, with a big tune, stock trans and about 5k-6k lbs (maybe more) of shit in the bed :rofl:

and a ladder rack to boot :rofl:

I will say this. On a 2wd, reg cab, stock trans, spring clamps and an ~ weight of 9500lbs (including skinny little me :angel:)..... a 15.07 is achievable with a big enough tune..... once. :rofl:

Not too sure how many more balls out runs the trans would take before giving you the big FU though. :D It did hit a 14.9 with about 2500 lbs pulled out of the bed, but I think the converter was already hurt at that point.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I will say this. On a 2wd, reg cab, stock trans, spring clamps and an ~ weight of 9500lbs (including skinny little me :angel:)..... a 15.07 is achievable with a big enough tune..... once. :rofl:

Not too sure how many more balls out runs the trans would take before giving you the big FU though. :D It did hit a 14.9 with about 2500 lbs pulled out of the bed, but I think the converter was already hurt at that point.

wonder what the dealership that got that truck is thinking :happy2:

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
wonder what the dealership that got that truck is thinking :happy2:

The guy there try to BS me about the year and resale value andcondition and black book value and bla dee bla dee fkin bla..... We all know the truck was on its way to Mexico 10 minutes after I left :D

Too bad Im not in the market for a reg cab..... :rofl::rofl:

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Does anyone run clamps and traction bars? Is it just a mute point to run both?

Dont see how it would help running them together. The idea is the same with both.... control the axle so it doesn't wrap under high torque loads. Trac bars do that by tying the axle to the frame and clamps do it by pulling the spring pack together so the axle cant wrap on the springs.

I've never tried both at the same time, but maybe someone else has.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I'll say this...

Wes is one of the most respectable, well-behaved, polite, MASSIVE mofo's that I have ever met....If any of you dipshits would like to argue, send me a message...I'll make another trip to Vegas...

Damn, that's a big boy...

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
It's Pat's tune he did his job I didn't do mine. I didn't shim the FPRV and the lift pump wasn't plumbed, beer and my girl got the better of me when I was on my last leave