Y Bridge?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I deleted mine when I did the full egr delete. Some cold side kits can be found in in 2 pieces allowing you to keep the grid heater.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
When I did my cold side pipe I also deleted my grid heater. With just the glow plugs, I never had a problem with cold starts. I think I've been down to nearly zero Fahrenheit in the polar vortex weather we had a few times here in NJ. I could be mistaken, but I think it's there mostly for emissions.

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
Got rid of my grid heater when i took the egr off. Several sub zero degrees fahrenheit starts with no fail as well.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I expect the grid heater is there more to help control the haze of smoke you get when cold starting.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I deleted mine when I did the full egr delete. Some cold side kits can be found in in 2 pieces allowing you to keep the grid heater.

DHD has several, my grid heater has been gutted and turned off via EFI. This truck is a lot like my 1982 work truck I drove for 20+ years, all there just not functional. One thing that surprised me over the 20 years is I passed emissions 80% below maximum allowable...

I want a DHD EGR pipe with a Y-bridge and grid heater to fit right over the EGR cooler (leave it in place) and look like it belongs to pass visual emissions and my cat is a Donaldson resonator and has passed visual 3 times...

=
9ir238.jpg

=

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I have been trying to accomplish the same goal, install performance parts while keeping the truck emissions compliant "visually". How does that resonator sound? it sure looks like it was installed from the factory.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have been trying to accomplish the same goal, install performance parts while keeping the truck emissions compliant "visually". How does that resonator sound? it sure looks like it was installed from the factory.

It keeps the truck quiet and had to "look" like it belonged there and I have a muffler also and wanted to keep the truck quiet inside and out. The techs did make a remark last time I was through and she said it looks like a cat....:thumb:

When Arizona/Maricopa county upgrades the old system which is at least 25 years old the only option for the state/county is use the new CARB checks like you have in Colorado. FWIW any new emission program will be using CARB as it will be incorporated for all 50 states starting 2017, it's already started from what you see in Colorado. I'll have to wait and see what happens with my EFI tune when they start using the OBD-II port to check my truck.

I also added a sock around my hotside pipe to get rid of the turbo whistle inside the cab and protect the wiring, does not look real good but worked real well...

=
2nivaps.jpg

=

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
It keeps the truck quiet and had to "look" like it belonged there and I have a muffler also and wanted to keep the truck quiet inside and out. The techs did make a remark last time I was through and she said it looks like a cat....:thumb:

When Arizona/Maricopa county upgrades the old system which is at least 25 years old the only option for the state/county is use the new CARB checks like you have in Colorado. FWIW any new emission program will be using CARB as it will be incorporated for all 50 states starting 2017, it's already started from what you see in Colorado. I'll have to wait and see what happens with my EFI tune when they start using the OBD-II port to check my truck.

=
2nivaps.jpg

=

I haven't been in to test after I made some changes, the gameplan is to pass the visual by adding parts like that resonator or the DHD intake elbow, and then pray that they don't dive too deep with the OBD stuff. My #1 tune is a stock tune with DPF/EGR turned off, hope that doesnt trip the scanner...

PS> sorry for getting off topic OP