WV golf TDI mods?

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
my company bought me a 2011 WV golf TDI, little 2.0 is pretty fun once the turbo is spooled up, just wondering if any of you guys have played with them at all, i def want to rip the stock exhast off and wondered if you guys knew any good add ons?:woott:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I know shieid diesel makes a box for them supposed to be about 20 horse. Malone tuning is like the efi version for those motors. Can do bigger injectors and turbo but personally id just do dpf/egr delete and tune it. Heard you can gain around 5mpg.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
picture.php

Unfortunately, there is still very little available for the 11+ tdi's.
you can get a 40ish bump in power 60lb ft, from a tune, malone tuning, revo
there are NO benifits to doing a cai and exhaust, other than looks and a little sound
seriously, maybe 12 hp after both mods and tuning
The best money spent is going to be tuning the DSG
HPS OR HPA, cant remember exactly, but there are tunes avail for the dsg
Be very discerning when choosing, there is one company endorsed w/audi to tune the dsg
i was just about to start playing with mine when we bought the dmax
other than suspension mods( H&R sport cup kit, and adjustable sway bars, 20mm spacers) the golf above is stock
this car will carry some corner speed
i am still going to wait to tune the ecm for a while, @ 38,000 miles the car is still new, and i could care less about a few ponies when i am getting 48mpg hwy
the dsg tune tho, to get the gears to shift quicker, now that is enticing.

tyrat

tdi
Nov 19, 2011
Dyer,Indiana
I know shieid diesel makes a box for them supposed to be about 20 horse. Malone tuning is like the efi version for those motors. Can do bigger injectors and turbo but personally id just do dpf/egr delete and tune it. Heard you can gain around 5mpg.

i get 62 with my 05

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I have heard of the 1.9L dp gettin close to that, i have not seen anyone get that out of a 2.0cr yet
i do think it is possible

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I think he has the old 1.9L, amazing fuel economy if you can stand to drive a car that is not exhilarating to drive but gets incredible fuel economy, those are the car
They are a nice car too, i had a friend thet had a 98 jetta gls with the tdi
i have been advocating any vw with the 1.9L dp engine as the true economy car of our decade, if not era
they are just kinda a bore to drive, effortless

tyrat

tdi
Nov 19, 2011
Dyer,Indiana
the world record on fuel milage for a diesel was just broke buy a brand new 2012 2.0l tdi passat 83mpg i got 73mpg on a tank avg one time im actually selling my 05 golf

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Verified.
Wow i had no idea, been spendin every last minute on the dmax
Looks like i need to shift gears for a bit, 30 more mpg is something to spend some time and money on
good luck sellin your car, shouldnt be hard, dont budge on your price
amazing fuel eco, im jealous, to this day the best avg i have got is 48 mpg, but as the car breaks in it keeps getting better and better
it averaged onlu 28 mpg for the first 5000 mi, i was not happy. It has slowly crept up up up to 48 currently
Now i feel like that sucks! Thanks
Lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I may trade the colorado for one in a few years, they have really grown on me, then, I can actually win a NHRDA class maybe... :rofl:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
After reading the article behind the world record 84.1 mpg held by the millers in their passat
they are driving a 6 sp manual
they claim to coast in neutral as much as possible
I have the DSG. 6sp AUTO, it employs a dual wet clutch, my car also has paddle shift
Cars that employ transmissions and gears that lubricate like the dsg
SHOULD NEVER COAST IN NEUTRAL
ldk if it is a dry sump or whatever, but both the dealer, and my local vw/euro guru warned me about this
DSG OWNERS DO NOT COAST YOUR DSG TRANS IN NEUTRAL TO TRY AND OBTAIN BETTER MPG
There, i can go to sleep tonight

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Can you PLEASE not type your responses in MLA format

It is very
hard
to read when you type
this

:D

DSG auto trans is junk.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Ahhh. Ok if its botherin ya that much bri. I have seen other members reply this way and it actually helped me.lol. but i have some serious adhd, so it helps me to itemize my thoughts, it also keeps me from doing the "just one more post" thing. You guys hate that

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I have ocd's too, things i have control over where my energy makes a differance usually become an ocd, cleaning is a classic, ocd's also are a good way of diverting adhd energy/behavior (Dr.Drew)

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I have ocd's too, things i have control over where my energy makes a differance usually become an ocd, cleaning is a classic, ocd's also are a good way of diverting adhd energy/behavior (Dr.Drew)

I dont have to go and clean the house and all that with a toothbrush, but its a mild case I think, idk, never got it checked out. :D
Just pertains to cleaning the gmc and the colorado.

Anyways, back on the TDI stuff, Ive been lurking the TDI club forums for a while and seems like a DPF/EGR delete/Malone tune runs about 2 grand, full 3" turbo back with muffler and high flow cat, all nice tig welds.

Now, which is better? Jetta or Gold TDI? both can be 4 door, but I dont necessiarily need a 4 door. Kind alike the sporty look of the 2 door Golfs, but can you get them in the TDI?