WTF is wrong with parts store counter guys????

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Went to have my rims and tires swapped front tire to inner dual rim . It was killing me watching the guy knocking my alcoa 22.5 around like it was a steel rim or something . It was hard to see and hard to keep my mouth shut . Finally I said to the guy .... Bro thats not a steel rim there and it goes on my personal truck . Please be a bit more careful , your marks last the lifetime of that rim .

Thanks ..... the guy looks at me like what an asshole I am .

Some people are so careless . WTF !!

Have you ever took it to this place before?

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
haha i just went into autozone yesterday (it was right next to where i was) went in there looking for a 1/4 NPT elbow. he had no idea what it was. i tried to explain it to him and still no. i told him to just give me the box of fitting they had behind the counter and 5 second later i had my part.

RCH

May 8, 2008
Southern California
Rather than deal with them, I go online do my research and get my part numbers, then take my part numbers with me and just tell them, "get me these". The parts people I have to deal with around here are about the same as what you have to deal with and I have run out of patience with them. There are a few that are okay, but they are few and far between.

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
i recently started working at an auto parts store. and one thing i've learn from buying parts myself is that when someone comes into the store with a part number i ask no questions about what make/model its for. if he has a part # he has taken the time to look it up and thats all i need to know. i quietly go in the back get the part and they are happily on there way with exactly what they wanted.

i guess this is why i have a line of people in front of my register that want to ask me about diesel performance :D and i've only been working there for two months ;)

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
Where's Partsguy662? He needs to get in here and defend his honor!!:rofl:

I have no honor to defend. I certainly wouldn't try to defend someone that doesn't do their job well.

However, if you come into my store acting like you can do my job better than I can, well...I'm going to have some fun with you..