Wiseco steel pistons

ctdiesel99

Jul 10, 2012
The MAP pricing set for the Wiseco Duramax pistons is $2,156.00

The Armor Plating they come with will be awesome, especially for longevity on street applications.

Here are a couple of pictures i have of the sample i have sitting on my desk. I think they'll be a great option for the Dmax crowd.

EC3C04D3-A0A0-4662-BBB8-4E8BDD7E2937_zpsxub31dme.jpg

79455570-7413-45DC-ABFF-F9894E598752_zpswyfqpo7e.jpg

31328CB3-9969-4AB2-84CF-0496EE81D8A4_zpsrf9qi0du.jpg

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The MAP pricing set for the Wiseco Duramax pistons is $2,156.00

The Armor Plating they come with will be awesome, especially for longevity on street applications.

Here are a couple of pictures i have of the sample i have sitting on my desk. I think they'll be a great option for the Dmax crowd.

EC3C04D3-A0A0-4662-BBB8-4E8BDD7E2937_zpsxub31dme.jpg

79455570-7413-45DC-ABFF-F9894E598752_zpswyfqpo7e.jpg

31328CB3-9969-4AB2-84CF-0496EE81D8A4_zpsrf9qi0du.jpg

How's pa life?

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
I know Wade Moody had been developing these pistons with wiesco for about 2 years. I know he runs them and last i knew has not had one issue with them. His NGM diesel FB page has tons of photo's and info on them....though he hasent posted there in a while.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Fingers oval has proved nothing but great. No issues street or bretts 1000+ hp race truck. For your build I'd say without a doubt you'll be happy. Idk about if they survived or what happened. I can't find the post or any other details on it. There was speculation the weight of them caused it but no confirmation

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
While the LB7's have proven to be effective for many, they are still more prone to failure than the ovals offered by Jon and could in no way shape or form be compared...
Fingers pistons are expensive but bad ass and have proven to hold up against tremendous abuse at very high performance levels.

That decision is yours to make, and only you know how far you're really gonna want to take the performance of your truck. My suggestion would be to not cheap out and leave hope, luck and perfect conditions as the deciding factors of your builds longevity

;)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Wonder if that's the block to piston contact that they where saying monotherms survived, lol?

Too many variables to point a finger at just the pistons... Lots of things could have happened to make the engine come apart like that, crack in the block, poor machining, poor assembly, on & on...

I without a doubt in my head would run Monotherms If I could afford them, or get my hands on them. That piston is bad to bone.

Cat has been running them for a long time. I have seen this piston eat all 4 valves and spit them out & ask for seconds.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Henry-
what are you showing us, I see it's a wiseco piston...specifically why are you showing us the underside? Does the wiseco design differ from others and how does the wiseco design differ from others and is the design better or stronger?

what's the metallurgy of the wiseco piston? what's the weight? and how do you feel about them?

details please:hug:

Nightlb7

Aug 12, 2013
Maryland
Would these be a good daily driver choice? What kinda life outta these should we see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Would these be a good daily driver choice? What kinda life outta these should we see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they offer a cast version...like any forged piston they will not be a good choice for a daily driver because you will beat the ring lands out in a hurry. Forged seem to last 40,000-50,000 miles.

rollingthecoal

Feb 4, 2013
Henry-
what are you showing us, I see it's a wiseco piston...specifically why are you showing us the underside? Does the wiseco design differ from others and how does the wiseco design differ from others and is the design better or stronger?

what's the metallurgy of the wiseco piston? what's the weight? and how do you feel about them?

details please:hug:

I actually just got my wiseco billet/forged pistons for my lb7. The metal in these is more towards a billet blank alloy (similar to the arias pistons) versus a forged alloy such as the mahle forged pistons.

The weight on my pistons range from 812-815 grams out of the box pre balance.

The underside is simply solid instead of the cast like pistons that the oil flows through to cool it the oil squirters hit the bottom of the pistons.

I was told coating on them is a mixture of platium and nickel which is disapates the heat before it reacheds the piston it self.

Mine are at the machine now. Can't wait to get them running!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
As said above by rolling bottom of piston pics showing the details the other 3 pics did not show. I'm not on the forum much these days so did not get to come back and answer the post. Switched to day shift and new dept in the plant.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I actually just got my wiseco billet/forged pistons for my lb7. The metal in these is more towards a billet blank alloy (similar to the arias pistons) versus a forged alloy such as the mahle forged pistons.

The weight on my pistons range from 812-815 grams out of the box pre balance.

The underside is simply solid instead of the cast like pistons that the oil flows through to cool it the oil squirters hit the bottom of the pistons.

I was told coating on them is a mixture of platium and nickel which is disapates the heat before it reacheds the piston it self.

Mine are at the machine now. Can't wait to get them running!

Did you get this engine up and running yet?!