cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
Utah/wherever the AF sends me
For you guys that have one...

1. Which one?
2. How is it attached?
3. Vent option?
4. At what temps do you put it on?

So far I have seen Fia but haven’t done much looking. Getting ready to move back to Alaska, this time with a diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Where at in Alaska?

Alaska tent and tarp used to make custom ones, I'm pretty sure they still do. They use a variety of attachments, vents or no vents, cheap to fancy.

I have a factory grill cover for my LLY it has no vents, I only use it when it gets around 0F

cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
Where at in Alaska?

Alaska tent and tarp used to make custom ones, I'm pretty sure they still do. They use a variety of attachments, vents or no vents, cheap to fancy.

I have a factory grill cover for my LLY it has no vents, I only use it when it gets around 0F

Hey Frankenstein. I was stationed at Eielson AFB last time I was there. I went to Alaska Tent and Tarp in Fairbanks for my old truck that was gas. I remember them being a bit expensive but that was also one of my first purchases and experiences paying for something in AK.
This time I will be stationed at Elmendorf AFB. Not sure they have multiple stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
I use cardboard that I slip in front of radiator. Does the job, doesnt wear the paint, recyclable. It blocks 3/4 of my radiator, only the width of the M in GMC is open . It stay like this all winter in canada. I remove in the spring when temp goes up to rated thermostat temperature :p

cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
I use cardboard that I slip in front of radiator. Does the job, doesnt wear the paint, recyclable. It blocks 3/4 of my radiator, only the width of the M in GMC is open . It stay like this all winter in canada. I remove in the spring when temp goes up to rated thermostat temperature :p

You know, I forgot I did this last time I was up in Alaska. I did it with my Hoopty Daily Driver, a 1990 Toyota Tercel. I may just try this instead and save a buck or two. My worries are that it would get wet from snow melt and road debris then break down. Thanks for the idea.