LMM: Will not heat up/cold air

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Hi everyone, now that it is getting colder out I have started to use the heat in my truck more and its not working so good. I bought the truck out of Florida and have always stored it winters but have decided to run it this winter in Michigan. I was driving it tonight and it was about 17 degrees outside and the truck did not get above 158 degrees. Also it blows freezing cold air out of the passenger side vents, upper and lower, when the heat is all the way up. I do get some heat out of the driver side ones. It is a 2008 LTZ.

OnTheFritz

Sep 28, 2012
Butler, PA
Sounds like maybe you need a winterfront on there to block out the air, and keep some heat in. Mine does the same thing if it gets too cold.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I have never ran a grill cover and it gets in the single digits around here from time to time and I don't have any problems with unless it idles for a long time with the heat on wide open. You might have a thermostat problem oraybe blend door problem since the passenger side isn't the same as the drivers

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
I drove it again tonight and it gets up to around 170, I can live with that, but I cannot live with the fact that the every passenger vent blows out freezing cold air when I have it turned up all the way to 90 on the climate control. The driver side has heat and passenger side has ice.