Help: who to buy lb7 mileage tune from

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
who sells a great mileage tune for lb7's? im trying to find a tune with power and around 19-20mpg or more if i can. I am wiling to pay good money for a tune.

please guys i need better mpg to justify keeping my truck or at least driving it

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
This version of this tune runs pretty smooth in my burb, and has been getting me a consistent 20 MPG with mixed driving. It is more so a strong tow tune as it runs EGT's not much higher than stock in mine. Try this one out and see how it does. I have another one with higher timing that got slighly better milage, but it would rattle on a cool day pretty noticeably. I also got a stock 03-04 TCM tune and put in some changes. I noticed a BIG improvement in slow speed driving with these shift point changes. You'll notice in 5th that it will lock-up if you let off probably around 50 or so with your tires. I kept the upper TPS% lock-up at stock to reduce the turbo bark in 5th on lock-up.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2009
Sacramento, CA
This version of this tune runs pretty smooth in my burb, and has been getting me a consistent 20 MPG with mixed driving. It is more so a strong tow tune as it runs EGT's not much higher than stock in mine. Try this one out and see how it does. I have another one with higher timing that got slighly better milage, but it would rattle on a cool day pretty noticeably. I also got a stock 03-04 TCM tune and put in some changes. I noticed a BIG improvement in slow speed driving with these shift point changes. You'll notice in 5th that it will lock-up if you let off probably around 50 or so with your tires. I kept the upper TPS% lock-up at stock to reduce the turbo bark in 5th on lock-up.

when I made a script of your trans tune I noticed you changed "final drive ratio, ECM pulses per mile, and vehicle speed ratio" I'm assuming you did that because you have diiferent gearing in your burb correct? So I should just delete those out of my script? Thanks for posting up the tune, I have been wanting to try a trans tune!:thumb:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
when I made a script of your trans tune I noticed you changed "final drive ratio, ECM pulses per mile, and vehicle speed ratio" I'm assuming you did that because you have diiferent gearing in your burb correct? So I should just delete those out of my script? Thanks for posting up the tune, I have been wanting to try a trans tune!:thumb:

I left those tables alone in it. They are identical to all of my stock OS's that I have for 01-05 and I don't change those. I downloaded the tune from the link on this page and they were stock for me. Are you sure that yours is still stock? The only changes in that tune are for the normal shift mode for the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 up shifts and downshifts as well as changes to the lock-up speeds in 4th and 5th.

Jul 31, 2009
Sacramento, CA
maybe it was because I downloaded a stock tune from the library to make my script and that file was different. Well I just deleted those out of the script, so we will see what happens. Thanks.:thumb:

Attachments

• Josh's Allison Dually Stock.tun
    822.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
thank you very much i will update you after a tank or two and let you know how it works. im sure it will be much bettter than anything i could come up with

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
That tune has served me very well for milage I think. My BURB weighs right there with many of the DURAMAX trucks(roughly 6700-6800 pounds), and with the 3.42's I'm averaging a solid 20 mixed driving, and have seen mid 20's a few times in warm weather cruising at 65-70. The throtle may be a little touchy to you at first though, but I found that having the throttle base tables up helped my around town some. I know it doesn't make any sense, but that same tune with a stock TBIQ in the first 70% of the throttle will barely touch 20 for milage.

Jul 31, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Thanks, ya the problem I was having was with the stock tune I was using for making my script, I downloaded a different tune and it didn't show those items. I loaded both your ecm tune and tcm tune, havn't had much time to drive with them, only around the block, so far so good. Thanks for the tunes.:thumb:

Road Boss

Aug 28, 2010
Crossville, TN
Thanks, ya the problem I was having was with the stock tune I was using for making my script, I downloaded a different tune and it didn't show those items. I loaded both your ecm tune and tcm tune, havn't had much time to drive with them, only around the block, so far so good. Thanks for the tunes.:thumb:

How did that tune work for you?

Newhollandz

Apr 13, 2014
Ontario
who sells a great mileage tune for lb7's? im trying to find a tune with power and around 19-20mpg or more if i can. I am wiling to pay good money for a tune.

please guys i need better mpg to justify keeping my truck or at least driving it

I've been getting around 20mpg all winter on my 04, mixed driving, single cab, 6 inch lift on 35s, all stock except cold air intake and efi live tuning.