Question: Where to look for used LMMs?

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Where are you guys finding good used trucks other then autotrader and ebaymotors? The ones I have seen on autotrader seem to be going for more then what they are worth especially after a friend of mine last week bought a 2012 crew cab LT Duramax for 42500. There are trucks on autotrader that are 2 or 3 years old and they are asking more then that.

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Good luck. I couldn't find one with low enough miles for the prices. Damn dealer here has a nice cc-sb 2008 ltz but it has 70000 and they want 43 for it. Crazy. I can't see paying so much for a truck with similar miles to mine.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I looked for 4 months to find exactly what I wanted 2 years 2 months ago, Red GMC CC/SB SLT, couldnt find what I wanted posted exactly what I was looking for on here and 9w3-HD found what I wanted not to far away from him in Colorado. $41,000 with 13,000 miles, lifted, step bars and topper, and that was when GM wasnt even making the diesels anymore between the LML and LMM so it was like they were dealing new ones.

Keep your search open if you have to go to the other side of the country to get a truck its worth it for the right truck and price at most a plane ticket and a couple tanks of fuel, I know I saved about $2,000-3,000 from anything I could find local, without the aftermarket parts and with trucks that had 40-60,000 miles.

That red twin everything LMM that was here in the classifieds a couple weeks back was the deal of the century on an LMM, it sold for what like $42 or 43? with a built engine.

dmax06

barely getting by......
May 10, 2009
white plains, GA
I'm looking for one as well. I went to several dealers around here and told them exactly what I was looking for and I haven't heard a word from any of them. I've found an 08 exactly like I want for a pretty good price in Tenn from a private seller, but I gotta sell my 06 first. Anybody want a ccsb red LBZ with 137000 miles? :confused:

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It took me 6 months to find mine and it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I wanted a white one and the body had more scratches than I would of liked but it was the only one that wasn't $50k with the SLT trim & black interior that I could find

I found mine on autotrader

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
but I gotta sell my 06 first. Anybody want a ccsb red LBZ with 137000 miles? :confused:

Maybe, if the price is right and it has leather, oh and someone buys my lb7 :D

When I bought my lmm in 2009 I scoured the web daily for 4 months looking. They were terribly overpriced even with $4/gallon diesel and a crappy economy. When I finally found the one I ended up buying it had only been up on autotrader for less than a day. Red 07.5 ccsb ltz with 66k miles for $30k. I called and talked to the lot it was at and after talking to them a couple times, i bought plane tickets that day. Flew to Texas that saturday and drove it home.

In four months of looking I never saw a single ccsb 4x4 lmm with the ltz/slt package locally for under $36k. So I figured I saved about $5500 by time I paid for a plane ticket and a few tanks of fuel. Well worth the flight and drive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Maybe I'm just being to picky. I want an 08 or newer with sunroof,factory nav and preferably the back up camera,dark interior with preferably under 30K miles. I don't want black which seems to be the most common color. Idealy I'd find one in silver color but that's pretty hard to find.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Its ok being picky if my lb7 injector didnt take a dump I would have waited even longer

When I bought my lb7 I wasn't picky and was never really happy

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
My buddy just picked up a 08 lmm cclb 4x4 for $17k 130k miles on it.... Friggin deal of the century right there

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Maybe I'm just being to picky. I want an 08 or newer with sunroof,factory nav and preferably the back up camera,dark interior with preferably under 30K miles. I don't want black which seems to be the most common color. Idealy I'd find one in silver color but that's pretty hard to find.

We're on close to the same page. I want all the LTZ options too, CCSB, 4x4, White w/light gray and wood grain (preferred), or ebony and wood grain, leather... not tan which seems way too prevelant considering how ugly it is. I was shooting for around 60-80K miles.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
For as much as we pay for these trucks picket is not a word. When I bought my LML the dealer kept saying how bad do you want this or that I told them its what I want or nothing.

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
For as much as we pay for these trucks pickey is not a word. When I bought my LML the dealer kept saying how bad do you want this or that I told them its what I want or nothing.

Thats what my opinion is to. I was the same way with the truck I have now. If I had ordered it from the factory back in 04 it would be just how it is. I got lucky on it after I looked for a while. Truck only had 9K miles on it when I bought it.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Huge lack of availabilty of used diesels and the new prices going up every year has the used market prices @ an all time high. Anyone have the original window sticker of their 01-05 Duramax? Go price a brand new one identically equipped!! THOUSANDS more

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
am i the only one who saw on the news that gm jacked up their prices simply becuase "the market will support it" ????????? :mad: