Wheels spinning in tires

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Yesterday I had a bunch of guys tell me my rear tires weren't spinning and a couple guys said they saw smoke coming from the rear wheels. Sure enough the wheels were spinning inside the tires. Both wheels were to hot to touch and the beads were melted. What's the best way to prevent this besides beadlocks?

Here's a vid of the pull. Can't see it happen because of camera angle though

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wrVykdanoBM

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
If you don't mind sacrificing the rim, self tapping screws will work. Ive seen drag guys and off road guys do it before. Have to make sure you put it through the steel in tire bead.

Stainless self tapping screws would be the best route.

In the application I did this, I put a little gasket sealer on the screw before running it into the wheel.

jeramoosh

Sep 17, 2006
Harrisonville, PA.
That doesn't seem too low depending on track conditions.. I've never been below 40 in the back. Maybe try to crank the pressure up to make sure the beads are seated good and leave it up.till your next pull. See if holds then..

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Either screw the bead to the wheel (moroso makes screws summit sales them) or have a set of real bead locks installed on ur wheels, i believe OMF makes real bead locks the look real nice too..OMFperformance.com

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
buy a set of cheap weld-on bead lock rings from any of the off road shops and put them on the rear.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I've never had mine slip I scuff the tire and rim with sand paper then glue them. Self tapers would work for you if you don't mind screwing thru the tire. Thats all my buddy has with his 30.5 pulling tires on his modified tractor

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
grind the paint off the rims jessee and use the moroso or mr gasket screws from jegs or summit...worked for me when i was running steel wheels...fyi a little dab of grease on the end of the screw before you send her on in the rim works well....