Wheel/Tire Combo for My "New" DMax

WellingtonB

Apr 19, 2012
Just picked up a new to me 2004 Crew Cab. Currently has 18" wheels with 35" tires. I'm not into the wheels and I'm considering going to 17" wheels with 33" tires.

Question: What does everyone like to run for width? When do I need to start looking into backspacing?

Pictures with your setup info would help.

Thanks.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Width of what wheels and tires? Wheels 9" and more and you start having more issues. Tires 285s and 305s again 350s will be harder to fit. Nothing over a 5.5" BS or it will rub.

You probably won't need a leveling kit.

WellingtonB

Apr 19, 2012
Width of what wheels and tires? Wheels 9" and more and you start having more issues. Tires 285s and 305s again 350s will be harder to fit. Nothing over a 5.5" BS or it will rub.

You probably won't need a leveling kit.

Thanks Dozerboy!

These are the wheels I would prefer: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Considering tires in the 285/70R17 size.

Going this route, I'm assuming some trimming is required? But still no leveling kit? If I do not install a leveling kit, would it mean that I would have the crank the torsions all the way up?

WellingtonB

Apr 19, 2012
Good lookin wheels, what color truck are they goin on?

The truck is silver/pewter. I'm not into the rockstar type wheels. I mainly want these to match the boat trailer.

88313438.jpg