Wheel specs

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
if it's a stock height truck, I like the way wheels with 5+" of backspace fit. They don't stick out so far and push the outter edge of the tire forward into the bumper or back into the fender(liner) when turning. My understanding is that wheels with larger offsets may not fit on lifted trucks as well due to different susp. component clearance.

C-ya

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Thanks for the help. Looks like an optimum arrangement would be a 9" rim with 5" of backspacing. Then keep the tire under 32.5" tall.

Since i'll never find such a rim, I have to probably go to 4.5" BS (common), because more than 5" of BS will cause rubbing issues on linkage.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
michael, here is an example of a wheel that meets the criteria.

Brand: KMC
Model/Name: Backseat
Dimensions: 20x9 w/ 5" BS

Attachments

• kmc backseat chrome.jpg
    kmc backseat chrome.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 14

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I think you want the 117mm, my son put my H2's on his Dodge 2500 and had to bore them out to 121mm. That would lead me to believe that you have 117mm.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
my understanding is that most, if not all, aftermarket wheels are made so that they can be lug centric - you know, more of a universal application thing.

The Dodges do have a larger hub than the GM, so yes, Hummer wheels have to be clearanced in order to fit on the Dodge. I doubt there are many, if any, aftermarket wheels that are only going to be able to fit the GM application and not the Dodge also. Having to make the wheels with two different center bore dimensions for the hubs to go through would kind of be shooting the wheel manufacturer in the foot don't ya think? While there may be some, I'ce venture to guess that most will fit the Dodges, and therefore have adequate hub clearance to fit the GM applications as well.

C-ya

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If i was going to do it again and im sure i will
Im going with wheels that are teflon coated

My rims are american raceing rims and after only one season they are pitted

Warrentee does not cover them if you drive them anywhere that is not in a showroom!

I like KMC Rockstars but everyone has them now where i live

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Im working on having a set of stock wheels powder coated Black. I would assume Teflon is more durable that powder coating?