Wheel Results?

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
I know you were testing the different wheels out there and I believe you were finishing up soon. I don't have a Facebook so was curious to know if you will be posting here?

Thanks for taking the time and money to run these tests.:thumb:

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Russel is still getting everything organized. Last I talked to him a week or so ago he was going back to the dyno with a different setup. One thing about what he is doing is focusing alot of driving ability, not just dyno numbers. I know there are some things that he will show that should show newcomers to turbos and modifying todays diesel trucks things they would not have considered before. Hes got alot of good information for sure:thumb:

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
Thanks Battle. Info is good fo sho as I am just getting interested in how these turbos work and the differences between the tons of choices.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Just when I thought there was no love!!!:thumb::hug:

I'm still in the process of testing. I was on the rollers yesterday running another 63.5mm wheel and doing lag/drivability testing.

I'm still getting all my data together so I can give my findings and recommendations which turbo works best for your giving situation.

I was getting closer but a friend with a rather large pickup brought up some good points that got me thinking!!!:thumb:

Thanks guys for speaking on my behave, I didn't see this thread.

I pm'd you back early POWDR.

Yellowchevy

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
^^^^^^ Yup! I hear ya! He has put a lot of time and effort into this- it will be pretty cool to hear his feedback:thumb:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Thought I'd give you guys a quick update.

I decided to test all the wheels in rolling acceleration from a corner like if you were turning onto a road or on ramp. I did this both with a trailer and without. I data logged them all as well so I can/could see/feel the difference.
I also recorded steady state conditions towing on flat round going 65mph.

Just figured some would be interested. I've been putting this on all my social media sites as well.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Being I'm still waiting on 2 more 63.5mm wheel's I'll give a preview of what I've got so far.

What my setup is;
2003 CCLB dually, 235/85 tires(AL wheels)
230hp EFI Live tune
Built Transmission
Dually Kennedy Lift pumps
Kennedy Mega Filter
4" Exhaust; 3 1/2" Downpipe
4" Intake
Ported/Polished stock intake horn(Opened up to about 3")
Ported/Polished Passenger & LML manifold; stock up pipes
Ported/Polished IHI(Obviously;))
3" Hot side intercooler tube
Stock Y-Bridge & cold side tube
Stock injectors; about 3100us pulse & 31* timing
Stock CP3; holding rail at 23k psi

The 63.5mm wheels would make more power but I'm out of fuel. I video all of my dyno runs and both 63.5mm wheels have very clear exhausts when you watch the videos.

Preview%20Data_zpszbdva2wt.png

Enjoy,
Yellowchevy

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Yes, good info.

What kind of dyno? Seems stingy to only run 488hp on a modded turbo. And are your EFI tunes done by you?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
What'd you find for driving results with the stock size wheels? If I get my hands on an lb7 it will get one lol...need to find one cheap

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Yes, good info.

What kind of dyno? Seems stingy to only run 488hp on a modded turbo. And are your EFI tunes done by you?

Its not the total HP number that he's trying to show its consistency and difference between each setup.

Good job Russell I made a good choice on my combo I think.