LLY: whats the best Y bridge?

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
ok guys, i am doing some research for some parts that i am trying to get together before pulling season. my question for all of you is, what is the best y bridge? i already have a 3 inch air to air pipe so should i go with the full bridge and have it be a potential PITA to pull the valve cover. or should i just buy another pipe and go with a shorty? i was somewhat leaning towards a wherli fab one because it is priced right, he does good work, and is somewhat local for me. but, i have not heard much on his bridges or ever really seen one. any input would be great.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
haha heard that. the turbo will be off at the time of the install though. isnt a 3 inch bridge pretty much pointless with a stock turbo though?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
And I'm pretty Joe makes DHD stuff I installed one of Joes 3" y bridges it works great but install is tricky on the lower from passenger nut it's a real pita to tighten. It seems to have helped cruising egts and a little on peak truck weighs 13klbs at all times so egts are always warm

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I don't believe Joe does the bridges for Tony. I have used both. Joe does good work and us working hard to bring better products to the Dmax world.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
As far as I know, Tony fab's his own bridges there at DHD/AllSeasons

I've got his 3" Y-bridge and I'm pleased with it. It has a pretty nice transition at the split, craftsmanship was very good, and it fit perfect, it being constructed of aluminum pipe and being round actually made it easier, IMO, to get to the mounting bolt heads

In my case, adding the Y-bridge made a significant improvement in throttle response while cruising while also producing less soot out the exhaust pipe when under the turbo, it's a valuable upgrade in my opinion, however keep in mind it was the final piece so to speak, of all my air intake and plumbing mods for the charge air. In place already were a BD intercooler, full egr delete w/3" tube, air intake and ram air scoop, manifolds and up pipes and a 4094vvt.

But in the end, every little thing counts:rolleyes: and now I'm adding an HSP intercooler hot pipe to totally complete/compliment the system with the new addition of the VGT 72

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
We need to start a duramax

DRAMA THREAD

Call it: As the Crankshaft Turns

Seriously though, it's cool to see how our little world is intertwined:hug:

Anyone seen Trent lately :secret:

or heard from Dmitri...:roflmao:

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
yea that would work. you would still need a custom intercooler pipe and the hole in the bridge itself is 2.5 inches so you would have to make the hole bigger.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
We need to start a duramax

DRAMA THREAD

Call it: As the Crankshaft Turns

Seriously though, it's cool to see how our little world is intertwined:hug:

Anyone seen Trent lately :secret:

or heard from Dmitri...:roflmao:

Then start it... But it will start crap and probably get locked, because for example, some may feel that Trent is a scammer and con, wheras others will think he was a great dude who contributed to the Dmax community. Same with dmitri.