What will JNeal's LBZ run in the quarter?

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
The thing is running great but we all know 730hp is way over the point of no return. It needs built or a piston or rod is going to fail and damage something else. It's easier to build them when they're not in pieces :D

True, it would suck to have it grenade and take out the block with it.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Don't be scared Brayden!!!

It's not yours! LOL Just kidding Jerrod. I think it needs for NOS so you can say you have a 10 second truck. Theres only a handfull who can :Dsay that.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
They keep telling me the same thing on an LBZ with stock turbo, single stock CP3, and stock injectors that runs 12.42 and runs that clean. And the same about my LLY running 12.40s. We'll keep pushing them and report when they let go - hope you guys do the same and don't jump the gun on the build.:cool2:

LOL pretty confident arent we. yea i once thought tht as well but you will soon find out hopefully you dont give your customers false hope jmo

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
They keep telling me the same thing on an LBZ with stock turbo, single stock CP3, and stock injectors that runs 12.42 and runs that clean. And the same about my LLY running 12.40s. We'll keep pushing them and report when they let go - hope you guys do the same and don't jump the gun on the build.:cool2:

Add 200 rwhp to it and then you can see how long it would last. I'd bet not long.

Stove

May 3, 2008
Sheridan, IN
The thing is running great but we all know 730hp is way over the point of no return. It needs built or a piston or rod is going to fail and damage something else. It's easier to build them when they're not in pieces :D

So are you going to go back to ORP on Tuesday??:coal:

Spray the hell out of it!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Again, congrats to the you guys! You guys got the combo right on that build!

Thats a pretty handy guide, and comes out very close to actual weight for my setup. Thanks.

First run was a malibu that cut a 13.0 or something... Second was a Camaro with HPtuners and induction/exhaust mods, third was a fox body mustang with cheater slicks and bulge hood... That guy was eyeing the truck because of the cheetah turbo's sound.. He never knew what hit him when we left the line.. I put 3 lengths on it in a hurry and gained even more till the line.

Last car I don't remember but it's in the video.. It wasn't too fast though.. :D

Brayden

Its fun to beat "faster" cars, isnt it?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
LOL pretty confident arent we. yea i once thought tht as well but you will soon find out hopefully you dont give your customers false hope jmo

I am pretty confident that with the limitation of stock CP3s in both trucks and the way I have them tuned that we will both be fine. Chris knows that there are no guarantees - I don't work at GM or know how bad of a hang over the guy that threw Chris's motor together had that day compared to the day he built yours. At 500+ hp nothing is certain, some trucks with over 800hp never have crank problems while others have broken them at 400hp - different batches of metal, casting imperfections, ect - all the flaws get brought to the surface when you start adding power and racing.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
I'd love to take the truck to the strip tonight but I'd really like to not break it.. A 150hp shot of nitrous would put it in the 10's easy but I'd bet it would break something.

Brayden

Redbone

but this one goes to 11
May 1, 2008
Indy, IN
ORP cancelled tonight because of cold weather.

Last chance to break stuff is tomorrow night at Muncie Dragway!:D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I am pretty confident that with the limitation of stock CP3s in both trucks and the way I have them tuned that we will both be fine. Chris knows that there are no guarantees - I don't work at GM or know how bad of a hang over the guy that threw Chris's motor together had that day compared to the day he built yours. At 500+ hp nothing is certain, some trucks with over 800hp never have crank problems while others have broken them at 400hp - different batches of metal, casting imperfections, ect - all the flaws get brought to the surface when you start adding power and racing.

I take offense to this I work for GM.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I take offense to this I work for GM.

You have never seen the bars fill up at lunchtime like around the plants in Lansing and then watch those GM employees down 2,3 or more beers in that hour. Makes a layperson do this: :eek:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I didn't mean for that to offend anyone and wasn't directing it towards anyone - I was just saying that none of us have control over how well our motors were put together from the factory, how consistant the casting of any of the parts are, and so on. So there are no gaurantees on a motor holding together at stock power (GM will just replace it if it does break - which has happened to a number of stock motors), let alone at the power we are pushing them to.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I didn't mean for that to offend anyone and wasn't directing it towards anyone - I was just saying that none of us have control over how well our motors were put together from the factory, how consistant the casting of any of the parts are, and so on. So there are no gaurantees on a motor holding together at stock power (GM will just replace it if it does break - which has happened to a number of stock motors), let alone at the power we are pushing them to.

LOL I was only busting you balls :rofl::joker: