What is everyone doing to the LML?

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Are you guys using the flow pro delete pipe and factory tail pipe without a muffler or are you using the downpipe back kit?

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
2013 and older we strongly recommend the cp3 conversion kits. The 11-13's have the most pump failures which will send metal thru the system and ruin the injectors.
The stock trans will run at 600-650hp for a little while, but it will slip and it will need to be built at these hp levels.
The 3" y-bridge kits are nice because they set you up for any turbo upgrades. The Danville chargers or any other LBZ/LMM turbo is not a direct swap; they DO require a different down pipe (05-10 style) and special turbo inlet/bridge.
Over all they are solid trucks with great potential; best engine model yet IMO.
We have numerous builds running in the 700hp range with no failures as long as the tuning is on par and conservative.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Are you guys using the flow pro delete pipe and factory tail pipe without a muffler or are you using the downpipe back kit?

I used the flow pro kit which utilizes the last section of the stock tail pipe.

I am back and forth if I am going to put a turn down under the truck or actually use the stock tail pipe...

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
I have the delete, EFI live, 165 lift pump, Bean Sump and of course Mike R trans upgrade. Runs great!!!!:D

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
I'm going to ask about this again just seeing what people are doing and how both sound. Thanks

I had a hard time deciding too. Sound clips are limited to find on youtube. The youtube clips make the trucks sound louder than they actually are too from my experience. I have not done a full exhaust. My in-laws truck was just dpf delete pipe and I also did a truck with dpf/cat delete with the stock tail pipe. The stock exhaust is already 4" on the LML. I have not herd one in person with full 5" to compare. I will try to get soud clips but don't see the 2nd truck I did often.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
5" with muffler? I kinda want to do just the delete pipe and put in a muffler to see how that sounds too.

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
Tell us more about that tesla!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

those things are sweet! dont mean to interrupt thread
I will not hi jack this thread, but in answer to the Tesla:
No Gas,
No Oil
No Filters,
Literally no Maintenance,
Range close to 300 Miles,
I get 0 to 60 in 3.9 Seconds,
Would not trade it for anything!!!

highlander34

May 27, 2013
Tn
catmenace did you do the lift pump with the delete, or after? Thats my next step, just wondering how much quicker throttle response?