LLY: what else can i do to my truck

02dirty

Jun 21, 2009
salt lake city utah
really wish we could all have all the power in the world and not break things...its all apart of the game ...im with everyone else tunning needs to be looked at 500hp youll be some what safe and that all depends on driving habbits:thumb:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
barely ever drive the truck only when race or a heavy load need pulled

I guess I'll be the one to say it...
Multiple guys have told you that you tuning could use some work. There is no reason at all that your truck shouldn't be doing 500+rwhp. A max effort EFI tune for an LLY is generally 500-540rwhp. Some guys have even seen 560 ish if your really pushing it and have a healthy fuel system. Maybe you should listen to these guys...

Also, you want more power but want to stay in the safe zone. Big power and reliability/longevity rarely go hand in hand. If you really turn the power up be prepared to break some shit. That is why most of the guys with big HP trucks have more than one. The play/race truck and the truck you drive when your other shit is broken.;)

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I guess I'll be the one to say it...
Multiple guys have told you that you tuning could use some work. There is no reason at all that your truck shouldn't be doing 500+rwhp. A max effort EFI tune for an LLY is generally 500-540rwhp. Some guys have even seen 560 ish if your really pushing it and have a healthy fuel system. Maybe you should listen to these guys...

Also, you want more power but want to stay in the safe zone. Big power and reliability/longevity rarely go hand in hand. If you really turn the power up be prepared to break some shit. That is why most of the guys with big HP trucks have more than one. The play/race truck and the truck you drive when your other shit is broken.;)
X2:roflmao:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I think I'd leave it right where it is. That's plenty of power for what you are doing with it and you shouldn't hurt it either. If you make big power with a stock engine truck you will hurt it period. It's as addicting as drugs and more expensive. If you make super big power with a built truck you will hurt it too. I have a 900+ hp truck that I turned down to the lowest setting and still cracked the exhaust housing on the top turbo, the 40/94. Currently trying to get it fixed and get to Topeka. It will run mid 10's but I'm going running the 11.90 class now because I's so damn tired of breaking it.:mad:

I'm even taking the big tunes out if it so I'm not tempted.:D

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I think I'd leave it right where it is. That's plenty of power for what you are doing with it and you shouldn't hurt it either. If you make big power with a stock engine truck you will hurt it period. It's as addicting as drugs and more expensive. If you make super big power with a built truck you will hurt it too. I have a 900+ hp truck that I turned down to the lowest setting and still cracked the exhaust housing on the top turbo, the 40/94. Currently trying to get it fixed and get to Topeka. It will run mid 10's but I'm going running the 11.90 class now because I's so damn tired of breaking it.:mad:

I'm even taking the big tunes out if it so I'm not tempted.:D

Theres no stopping once you start. My max effort tune from Nick=534hp - not for long though!

Kutchey2

Apr 15, 2011
You need air upgrades IMO. Will it help the motor last By adding y-bridge and bigger IC tubes?? How about manifolds and up pipes? Is it true that adding HP with air mods is safer than adding HP with fuel mods??

54inches

Corn Squeeze Freak
Aug 20, 2011
Dirty Bay, Texas
You need air upgrades IMO. Will it help the motor last By adding y-bridge and bigger IC tubes?? How about manifolds and up pipes? Is it true that adding HP with air mods is safer than adding HP with fuel mods??

HP is HP, no matter where it comes from.

The part that is breaking does not care how the Tq was built.