Lexington, KY
What can I do for your car?

Back up steering?

7-16-0811.jpg

how about a touch pad?

7-16-0818.jpg

hinged camper top?

7-16-086.jpg

wanna bring out the kid in you and drive with a joy stick?

7-16-0817.jpg

I modify vehicles for disabled people. Pay isnt great but the happiness i bring makes up for it. Most of the equipment pictured has been updated by the manufacture but you get the general idea. We do everything from hand controls to zero effort steering to full joysticks. I can built you a 150k minivan in a week with no problem.

I also enjoy wheel horse tractors and started kentuckytractorclub.com a few years ago. Fun stuff and we host a plow day yearly.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

I plow with a 12" moldboard plow.

Trucks and tractors are my hobby.

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
the crippler? lmao. No he does all his own work.

For you alls info wever got a guy around here in a wheel chair. he goes by teddybear in the truck club and is a hoot. He built a puller and put chrome handicapped signs on his side glass. He wanted the put "the crippler" across his windshield.

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
How do you make a quadriplegic grip his joystick? build robo arms. one of our quads cant open his hands. He wears gloves connected to a cable then to a motor. He hits a switch with his shoulder which turns the motor which pulls the cable which opens his hand. He places it around the joystick. hits the switch again and it releases the motor.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 30

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
that stuff is incredibly amazing but I can't help but wonder how safely these people can actually drive their vehicle? In a jam, are their reflexes good enough? Do they have to pass the same driving test(s) as non-handicapped folks? More stringent? less?!?! Just curious.

Boy would someone's insurance hate to pay to replace one of those vehicles due to an accident. That could get costly!!
C-ya

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
Depending on what they have they have to do between 5 - 120 hours training some take more. Disabled people have a lower accident than abled body people. They do have all the distractions(cell phone. radio, etc) that cause some wrecks. They are also paying more attention than the average person. They hard cored equipped drivers usually get reevaluated every time new equipment is put in 5-7 years