What did you do at work today?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Wes, you'll find that in every line of work nowadays. We're starting to see the "millennial effect" in our part-time. They dont really want to work, and dont give 100% when they are there. Their phones matter more than anything.

Oh yeah, Roni and Hannah went to Florida today for spring break (my brother's place in St Augustine), so I have to rush thru my workdays for the next week in order to get home early enough to let the dog outside. Priorities, priorities.:rofl:
Today was cramming what used to be an 11hour day into 9. Yes...I was flyin' out there. :rofl: "Hi, how are ya"....seconds later "Gotta go" .

Come on Tom you've been around long enough to know this was a problem before millennial's. I've always had good hands and I have always had hands that I'm going to lay off the first chance I get. The question is can you build up enough good hands that you don't have to hire to many guys that are just warm bodies to fill the seat when you get real busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I can't wait until millennial's are in there 50's bitching about the current younger generation. History repeats itself, nothing new.

By the time the millennial's get old enough to complain about the younger generation, there will be no one left to do the work. At the rate millennials are going,humans may become an extinct species.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
What do you think his elders ever said that about him? Everybody says that about younger generations at some point.

I couldn't agree more. I'm always amazed that people don't see it. I know plenty of hard working young people and plenty of lazy ones, just like there's always been.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
7f7d6a218b9dcd4f1d8a6c4569868bbb.jpg

Serviced my brothers nodwell and moved it to a dryer location to load once it gets a call for work! Love the sound of 2stroke detroits!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
d3fdb58f04f58676465de7c54cfb2340.jpg
4c66fbdc9925bd7d52d4f72732089076.jpg

Truck came in for injectors. Threw a set in and still had smoke cold and a rough idle, high balance rate on #8. Did a compression test. 250psi. After looking closer at the injector that came out of that hole, I found the nozzle had split. Got ugly quick

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Come on Tom you've been around long enough to know this was a problem before millennial's. I've always had good hands and I have always had hands that I'm going to lay off the first chance I get. The question is can you build up enough good hands that you don't have to hire to many guys that are just warm bodies to fill the seat when you get real busy.

Yeah, I have been. I guess Im an exception, b/c Ive always taken pride in my work and striven to do the best I could, even when I was a kid on my paper route. Thanks Mom and Dad. ;) Nowadays, I guess Im just a crotchety old guy, b/c Im just so sick of people not caring. No sense for me apologizing for it.

Anyway, I drove a little brown truck around Mid-Michigan today, playing Santa's elf.....again. This AM, had a younger manager ask me just how long Ive been working at UPS. When I told him, "32 years, 10 to go", he didnt say much more. I dont think he was born yet when I started driving in '85. :roflmao:

caseih03

Dec 12, 2016
e169187e142300a8f17ff56a1dfcc0bb.jpg

Ran our 2 millionth engine last week, we got these as appreciation!

Last edited:

Kevinbo6gt

Jul 23, 2009
My job seems boring compared to most of y'all. I Just water tested a house in Boston and resisted taking a ride in the slide from the 2nd story to the basement. My fatass would have probably got stuck lol.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
47463cff119fe8264787e14fd0db2c0c.jpg

Got my new dip tank in and brought her home and tore the crate down for inspections. The shipping company didn't read the 6 "do not stack on" stickers on the top and set something heavy on it.