what are you guys running for rear driveshafts

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Sorry, i dont beleive the stronger part. Ive seen them break. Switch to a steel and you will blow out axles and ring and pinions before you ever break a drive shaft.

Yeah like I said most shafts. Guess it all depends on how thick/big your steel one is. Mark was talking about how strong they were compared to a steel shaft but can't remeber how big. Would be best to ask Mark. like I initially said I think they are the best if your truck is still a DD and competition truck.

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Sorry, i dont beleive the stronger part. Ive seen them break. Switch to a steel and you will blow out axles and ring and pinions before you ever break a drive shaft.

Rob, when you refer to steel shaft, are you implying a thicker wall? My buddy with an LMM just twisted his aluminum shaft in half Saturday night at a truck pull. He can get a replacement for cheap at a junk yard but wants something for a DD and competition. I've always looked at Danville's shaft. Nearly bought one and was convincing him to do the same this morning until now.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Rob, when you refer to steel shaft, are you implying a thicker wall? My buddy with an LMM just twisted his aluminum shaft in half Saturday night at a truck pull. He can get a replacement for cheap at a junk yard but wants something for a DD and competition. I've always looked at Danville's shaft. Nearly bought one and was convincing him to do the same this morning until now.

Honestly I think Rob is talking about guys that are making huge power that are twisting the ADM shafts up. Unless your buddy is making big power I don't think he will twist the ADM up IMO. I would call Mark and ask him what HP he thinks the ADM shaft is good for. I didn't think anyone had twisted one up till Rob said so, I know JT broke the yoke on his recently but I think he's north of 1,000hp (3.0 puller).

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i ended up twisting my rear driveshaft yesterday. thing looks like a pretzel. is anyone producing a stronger replacement that I can just order? or am I gonna have to get one custom made? maybe one with 1480 u joints.

the good thing is I ended up winning the pull off. the shaft twisted as 302'.

what hp rating are u running i gotta steel shaft and just had to replace u joints and was wondering now that im running twins if this is a potential problem for me as well

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
what hp rating are u running i gotta steel shaft and just had to replace u joints and was wondering now that im running twins if this is a potential problem for me as well

well I was sled pulling on a very tacky track with mud terrains and the sled hit a rock and took a hop and when it came back down it pulled my truck straight into the groung. I was running 4 low 3rd gear converter locked so there was really no stopping it.

Dustin at diesel addiction said I have potential to run 550rwhp at my ccurrent setup.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
what did you end up deciding to do about a driveshaft? I broke my rear yoke last night on a tacky track. I'm wanting to upgrade the yoke to a 1480 joint along with a new shaft.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
I had a steel shaft made by Bick and Heintz in Utica, ny.

I came with 1480 forged u-joints, heavier wall tubing, and a 1480 slip yoke. Thing came out pretty nice. Decent price and shipped it out the same day I ordered it.

I ended up getting the 1480 rear yoke from GM. Came with the yoke, pinion seal, nut and washer.

I wanted a billet 1480 rear yoke from allseason but they didn't have it in stock. They were gonna call me with an eta but I still havnt heard from them yet. It's going on a month now.