What aftermarket bumpers do you like?

jonwrob70

Dec 21, 2023
NC
Hi everyone, I would like to say thank you in advance for any information given.

I have a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, I want to put a new Steel bumper on the front of it. I am leaning toward The IronBull number, the Trailready Pre-Runner Guard, or the BuckStop Baja style of bumpers.

My question is, what do you think of the quality of these bumpers? Are they any better than the others? Are the welds good on them? How do they hold up in a Deer strike? What are the pros and cons of each?

Again thank you in advance

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I had an Iron Bull and it was total CRAP. The welds were garbage. The prep was garbage, and it rusted like hell under the truck liner'ish coating that they put on. I had it sandblasted, I re-welded areas, and painted and re-hung it. It looked good, but I wouldn't buy from them again. My front was FabFours and it was light years ahead of that Bull muffin.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I have a hammerhead on my LBZ and my dad had one as well on his 04.5 (no picture)
ea3d90fb899a394d2d7c9817bd0b1574.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I like Graves Manufacturing. I bought the diy file kit for my 7. Just trying to find someone to CNC plasma or water jet it for me for a reasonable price.

badmatt

AVOCADOMAX
Mar 21, 2015
I like Graves Manufacturing. I bought the diy file kit for my 7. Just trying to find someone to CNC plasma or water jet it for me for a reasonable price.
Where in BC are you? I may be able to steer you in a direction of a laser shop, or possibly facilitate something here and have it shipped.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Where in BC are you? I may be able to steer you in a direction of a laser shop, or possibly facilitate something here and have it shipped.
I’m right on the Alberta border near Fernie. Southern Alberta is a more likely place to get it done.

I have a buddy who knows a guy with a table but he’s flakey AF and lazy. We got a quote from another place local but they were ridiculous in their quote.