what a frustrating week!!

02dirty

Jun 21, 2009
salt lake city utah
well the 2011 archey elk and deer hunt started here in utah on the 20th of august and what a hunt its been last monday i shot a decent 2 point and 30yards the aarow was a complete pass thru it had lung blood all over it and after 15 hours of searing with 6 people we didnt find it ..were thinking it went to privite property and died really no blood trail ...so on the 28th i went to another spot i know me and some friends get the spotting scopes out and start over looking the area we found a few decent bucks but one particular stood out 26-28 in wide bout the same hight typical 4by4 but this one had a 4 inch drop tine on his right side well after a long 3 hour stalk i was finally in range 80 yards was as close as i was going to get so i flung an aarow his way he ...i herd wack he droped his head and sarted moving down hill my heart was beating so fast from the rush of all of this i gave him 45 min to expire and started looking for a blood trail my buddy yelled at me that it was a good shop and we had a awesome blood trail ...well after 4 1/2 hours of tracking blood and hiking there was no deer :confused:. he went over 400 yards leaking blood like a blowin radiator hose still no deer after searching for 2 days the night i shot him we hit rained so bad we lost blood and all signs of him im so upset at this situation it sucks i am going to keep looking for him tho ..on the other had we have killed a few rattle snakes looking for this guy ...wish me luck