Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Hmm interesting, Im always F-ing Angry creatine or no:D... Keeps the dipsh*ts at work away from me:thumb: The last couple 6hos I worked on about sent me over the edge.. What kind on Ignorant Sob designed that abomination?

I'm doing 1 injector per bank right now on a 6.0... Fml.. At least I have a 7500 soft shop mostly to myself now.. I'm a lot loess angry than when I had to share a 3000sq with 3 other people a radio, 19 air leaks, and the occasional semi tire change.

New shop now, no air leaks if nothing is plugged in, no radio, no other people up with me.. Kinda nice now. Other than still working on fords...

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Well the thing is i was lifting a little heavier before but now I cant sem to break it again. Im not on the level like you guys but I like to do dumbell bench and im repping the 80s out but when I try for the 90s I cant seem to get it. I also do inclines but not as much weight.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Well the thing is i was lifting a little heavier before but now I cant sem to break it again. Im not on the level like you guys but I like to do dumbell bench and im repping the 80s out but when I try for the 90s I cant seem to get it. I also do inclines but not as much weight.

Grab the 90s first.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I have been back in the gym for the past month, used to workout 6 days a week in college, then stopped for a few years, then month on month off (only workout at work). Been out for about a year. Pretty happy with how fast it is coming back. I am 5 11 and about 165, low low body fat.

Current workout
Monday
Front squats 225 5x5 with a few lighter warmup and a couple sets of 185 x 10
bent over rows 195 5x5
overhead press 135 5x5

Tuesday
Bench 215 5x5
Deadlift 295 5x5

Repeat Thursday and Friday, other days are off days.

Obviously there are warmup sets in there, and I usually do a few light sets after the heavy stuff. Wish we had a pullup bar, last year I was up to 33 strict pull-ups.

Have to do front squats since the ship doesn't have a squat rack. Takes a lot of power out of the rest of the reps to clean the weight first. My squats need a ton of work. I was one of those guys that neglected legs, I don't have a problem admitting it. They are coming up fast though.

I have never done deads before this month, I am loving them. Beltless and no straps. the bar is shit, almost no knurling on it, so I will need some straps if I want to do anymore weight. My back is feeling better than it has in years.

I know I am no where near the weights that some of you are throwing around, but I am working on it.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have been back in the gym for the past month, used to workout 6 days a week in college, then stopped for a few years, then month on month off (only workout at work). Been out for about a year. Pretty happy with how fast it is coming back. I am 5 11 and about 165, low low body fat.

Current workout
Monday
Front squats 225 5x5 with a few lighter warmup and a couple sets of 185 x 10
bent over rows 195 5x5
overhead press 135 5x5

Tuesday
Bench 215 5x5
Deadlift 295 5x5

Repeat Thursday and Friday, other days are off days.

Obviously there are warmup sets in there, and I usually do a few light sets after the heavy stuff. Wish we had a pullup bar, last year I was up to 33 strict pull-ups.

Have to do front squats since the ship doesn't have a squat rack. Takes a lot of power out of the rest of the reps to clean the weight first. My squats need a ton of work. I was one of those guys that neglected legs, I don't have a problem admitting it. They are coming up fast though.

I have never done deads before this month, I am loving them. Beltless and no straps. the bar is shit, almost no knurling on it, so I will need some straps if I want to do anymore weight. My back is feeling better than it has in years.

I know I am no where near the weights that some of you are throwing around, but I am working on it.

Sounds legit keep working.

Use lots of chalk it's magic;) (for deadlifts)

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Not particularly I just like them better to be honest. Is the barbell better? And I can do about 10 reps a set

Well, there isn't a dumbbell PL lift :D

As far as PW stuff, used to have jack3d flowing in my blood but they went lame so stopped using that stuff. Miss my 1,3 :eek: Tried some 1MR, which was decent. I was used to the max dose of both so when I tried some new PW at a full dose, I had a full on tweak session... ended up at home sitting in my dark room shaking and ended up installing a EGT probe at 3am. :roflmao:

Now I am slowly getting over the mental panic attack when I smell PW and up to half the dose of C4, which is awesome. Love that buzz.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Well, there isn't a dumbbell PL lift :D

As far as PW stuff, used to have jack3d flowing in my blood but they went lame so stopped using that stuff. Miss my 1,3 :eek: Tried some 1MR, which was decent. I was used to the max dose of both so when I tried some new PW at a full dose, I had a full on tweak session... ended up at home sitting in my dark room shaking and ended up installing a EGT probe at 3am. :roflmao:

Now I am slowly getting over the mental panic attack when I smell PW and up to half the dose of C4, which is awesome. Love that buzz.

Lol!! I've not ever been that bad on it!

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Not particularly I just like them better to be honest. Is the barbell better? And I can do about 10 reps a set

Grab the 90s first and hammer them out. If you don't get anywhere with that use the barbell.

Make sure it's not a mental thing, don't think man I can't do this. That will setup failure everytime.

Are you Carb sensitive? Try and eat as much as possible on chest day before workout, this will insure your muscles are as ready as they can be.

Also, what part of the motion are you having difficulty with?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Lol!! I've not ever been that bad on it!

Haha yeah! That's what I took (1mr) while on gear. My bicep nearly exploded, and I was cleaning the house, sweeping out the garage, cleaned up shower and bathroom, put dishes up, washed the cars lol. Didn't really sleep for 24 hours haha.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Haha yeah! That's what I took (1mr) while on gear. My bicep nearly exploded, and I was cleaning the house, sweeping out the garage, cleaned up shower and bathroom, put dishes up, washed the cars lol. Didn't really sleep for 24 hours haha.

Lmao noted to self

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Grab the 90s first and hammer them out. If you don't get anywhere with that use the barbell.

Make sure it's not a mental thing, don't think man I can't do this. That will setup failure everytime.

Are you Carb sensitive? Try and eat as much as possible on chest day before workout, this will insure your muscles are as ready as they can be.

Also, what part of the motion are you having difficulty with?

Not really a motion part, just the weight. I think I need some more energy because I've been feeling hurned out lately after being sick lol thanks for the tips guys I'll give them a try.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Follow Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 program if you want to increase your bench. Also, build up your back (I know that sounds counterintuitive). Besides building your back, heavy Kroc rows will make your bench stronger.