Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I've been steady pushing, but it helps to be at the gym I'm at. I'm a nobody there. There is guys there squatting and deadlifting 800+ lbs. There's guys there benching 700+ lbs. It's crazy thinking they warmup with my max. Watched a guy a couple days ago deadlift almost 650lbs at a 190 lbs bodyweight...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I've been steady pushing, but it helps to be at the gym I'm at. I'm a nobody there. There is guys there squatting and deadlifting 800+ lbs. There's guys there benching 700+ lbs. It's crazy thinking they warmup with my max. Watched a guy a couple days ago deadlift almost 650lbs at a 190 lbs bodyweight...

Still nice numbers bud:thumb:

I know what you mean, training around guys like that lol. Jesse Norris pulls 826 at 198.... Dafuc does that happen:confused:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Quads are going to hate me the next few days, took me 15 min at 155

9c90862c353cc6d4e1022697209bd35d.jpg

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
365 went up pretty easy on Tuesday but my shoulder wasn’t happy. I’m thinking im in the 385 area but want to ease back into it. The torn rotator cuff will always be a problem I just need to work around it so I went back to using the band to get my shoulder back in place and do some overload training. 405 for 2 wasn’t to bad. I weigh about 242 and I’m leaner then I’ve been in years.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
365 went up pretty easy on Tuesday but my shoulder wasn’t happy. I’m thinking im in the 385 area but want to ease back into it. The torn rotator cuff will always be a problem I just need to work around it so I went back to using the band to get my shoulder back in place and do some overload training. 405 for 2 wasn’t to bad. I weigh about 242 and I’m leaner then I’ve been in years.
I have a stage 5 AC separation on my right shoulder, it gives me a problem for sure. It really forces me out of the proper technique, how do you over come that. Just start really light?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
well i got 30* of external rotation of the left arm today so thats my new PR for the moment :roflmao::woott:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have a stage 5 AC separation on my right shoulder, it gives me a problem for sure. It really forces me out of the proper technique, how do you over come that. Just start really light?

Rotator and AC are two completely different parts of the shoulder. When I completely separated my shoulder I had to have the collar bone shaved and a 3.5” titanium screw ran through the collar bone into my scapula.

Both require surgery to repair depending on severity and how it affects your quality of life.

Shoulders are to be protected. Most injuries to them require surgery.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
There worst part about it is when I get in my car and it hits the pillar lol. But benching and military press it just feels weird.... I just don't want to cause issues down the road
a195cb32122f4c10c707177dc6cc52e7.jpg

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

If you want to bench with a shoulder injury,pec injury anything like that order one of Mark Bells sling shots and start very light. It keeps everything inline like it should be and improves your form even without after training with it for while. Some people say it’s stupid or cheating but it works and will improve your overall bench overall big time. The blue or red one would be perfect for you.i do not have the time for sugery to fix it so I’m forced to work around it. Luckily there are tools available to do so.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Mine looked similar, but the collar bone stuck up another 1” or so as mine completely detached.

Evan is correct a sling shot will help force you into a good pressing position.

Have you had a doctor look at it to make sure it’s ok to do pressing exercises?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I was going to stop bench pressing all together until a guy with a worse shoulder then me recommended it. He started back with the sling shot only for 6 months barely getting 135 for reps back up to 385 without it. It’s amazing how well it fixes form and avoids any pain from lifting when used properly. Mark has some great products.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Counting my macros for 8 days and Crossfit in the afternoon for about 2 weeks now, still lifting heavy in the morning.

Haven’t stepped on the scale recently, but I’m definitely leaning down. Loving it

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Im still at it. Switched my program over to volume. Starting to put some size on now. Havent gone over 225 on squats or 315 on DL in 2 months. Totally stopped bench press forever. I feel fantastic. Did 225x5 on squats with way more left in the tank. BW is creeping up slowly too.

Stepped up my dead lift game, 495 for 6 sets of 3. I handled it well. Only lift I can get my partner on lol.

Youre creeping into bar bending territory!