Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Shmoked my chest. Did some legs as well. I will say it's really different squatting in a Smith machine but I did manage 185 for 3 sets of 6. Last set i felt like a rocket out of the hole. I dont think it's to bad considering I've only squatted a handful of times in the past few weeks and it had been over 18 months since last squats.

Then on to single leg press. Got 1 plate a side and felt good until my buddy did 4 a side on single leg.

It was at that point I realized I will forever be small

Then did all kinds of various chest stuff and now it feels like poo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Guys I’m really happy with my progress. When I started this about two months ago my one rep max on deadlift was 225 and it was a struggle. Tonight I did 4x5 at 225. Finally starting to not wanna puke at how scrawny I am when I see myself in the mirror. Can only go up from here.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Deloaded on everything so doing speed work while I work back up, but hit the heaviest DL I have done beltless today. (I think at least, getting old :D)

4x4x320
2x365
2x420

Surprisingly easy after a long day. Rewarded myself with some fresh backstrap seared on a seasoned cast iron skillet. :thumb:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Had a very good chest day we’ve been doing doubles (two reps only of each weight for two sets) the past month or so and going heavy. Started at 135 and and after 315 started singles to conserve strength for a max. 365 385 405 425 and I got clean slow down chest pause 445 so I couldn’t be happier with that. My shoulder isn’t thrilled today but it was worth it.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Had a very good chest day we’ve been doing doubles (two reps only of each weight for two sets) the past month or so and going heavy. Started at 135 and and after 315 started singles to conserve strength for a max. 365 385 405 425 and I got clean slow down chest pause 445 so I couldn’t be happier with that. My shoulder isn’t thrilled today but it was worth it.

Nice Evan that’s a giant bench!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got up to a set of 185 for 3 sets of 8 and the a set of 195 for a set of 6 on the squat. My little legs were mad but the weight is going up. I see a 225 in not to far off time.

Couldn't tell you the last time I benched so I tried last sunday...I will not give numbers but felt like a girl is all I will say.

Will be working on that at home more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
bi's tri's, and back at the gym after work, left and went to cycle bar for 45 minutes of torture. Burned 1100 calories.

Right shoulder (delt) is a little pissy from benching monday, 295x6 it felt funny so I stopped. Ill rest it and try Saturday.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Leg work out consisted of 7 trips to the roof (8 stories)to catch a load from the tower crane, so I guess that is cardio to since I always hustle up the stairs. Push ups, situos and planking when I got home. Had my boys sit on my back while I did a couple sets.

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
Just started back to the weights after a 10 year hiatus.

How funny it is. When I was 42 I was benching 375

Now at 52 I’m struggling to work out with 2 plates on each side.

Got a ways to go to get it back. Want to maintain flexibility and cardio too.

I’m about 1/2 the man I used to be...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Just started back to the weights after a 10 year hiatus.

How funny it is. When I was 42 I was benching 375

Now at 52 I’m struggling to work out with 2 plates on each side.

Got a ways to go to get it back. Want to maintain flexibility and cardio too.

I’m about 1/2 the man I used to be...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with taking a break, even if it was 10 years:D Welcome back!

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
Yeah, my problem was that I was not doing any cardio and couldn’t run a mile without my tongue hanging out.

I’ve been working on cycling and other stuff but now suffering from the dreaded “chest’o’drawers” disease.... My chest has fallen into my drawers....

I’ll likely focus on some strength but flexibility and some cardio as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yeah, my problem was that I was not doing any cardio and couldn’t run a mile without my tongue hanging out.

I’ve been working on cycling and other stuff but now suffering from the dreaded “chest’o’drawers” disease.... My chest has fallen into my drawers....

I’ll likely focus on some strength but flexibility and some cardio as well.

Cycling is pretty awesome, less wear and tear on my knees and back:thumb:
I hate cardio.... But as I get older its become more important.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I’m 57 . And I’ve been at it since I was 19 on and off . Taking breaks either due to injuries or life getting in the way . At my age I don’t try to max out , for me it’s about trying to stay fit, flexible and retaining stamina. I Love staying in shape , I run work for my company so I don’t get slot of exercise at work therefore I hit the gym 4-5 times a week . :happy2:

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
I’m 57 . And I’ve been at it since I was 19 on and off . Taking breaks either due to injuries or life getting in the way . At my age I don’t try to max out , for me it’s about trying to stay fit, flexible and retaining stamina. I Love staying in shape , I run work for my company so I don’t get slot of exercise at work therefore I hit the gym 4-5 times a week . :happy2:

I’ve been giving some thought to circuit training , meaning no real rest between sets. Lower weight 2x10 , or 2x12 sets and blasting it all out with little to no pause between sets.

What do you think?

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I think it would be excellent for cardio as well as get you cut up and defined . I typically start all my exercises with sets of 20 with medium weight, that gets the blood pumping to the muscle being worked , then add weight and reduce reps . I’m more about trying to maintain good form instead of going heavy and swinging with the body and all as I see many do at the gym .