Weekly tech tip

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hey guys, in an effort to help make the forum a better place and to get some discussion going, I'm going to start a weekly tech tip. I will do a short write up on a tuning technique or a DIY type thing or share a trick that makes some of those PITA jobs a little less of a PITA or whatever. I already started one for this week, but I'm sure I will run out of ideas pretty quick. If there is something you would like me to address, please post it in this thread or PM it to me with the title of "tech tip". I'll try to eventually get to everyone's request, but if there is one that has a lot of requests or for whatever reason seems like it would be more helpful to more people, I will probably do it first. This isn't really a "help me fix my truck" type of thing, but more of a general knowledge on how to do things. I'd really like to see this take off, so let's hear those requests!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Here's a few...

CP3 removal(step by step with pics)
Turbo removal on an LBZ(step by step with pics)
Removing turbo cover and Installation of a billet turbo wheel
H2O pump R&R
Switching out the factory fuel lines to larger dia hose
How to dial in cal tracs for the track ie how much pre load etc.
How to remove and replace interior lights with led's, dash, steering wheel lights and door switch lights for the different years
How to choose pill sizes for your set up when installing N2O, how and where to install it and how to tune for it.
Swapping injector tips
How to clean injectors before re installing(I know there's got to be some special way)
Removing and rebuilding a t-case with pump rub eliminating kit
Removing the G-80 and how to set up gears
How to set up a limited slip, like an eaton truetrac
How to modify a stock CP3, like with II "bag o parts" kit

How bout an independent thread on how to log, diagnose and tune with efi live? Where to start, what not to alter, you know, basic stuff leading into something a little more involved.

There's a few ideas, good, bad, maybe not worth mentioning, but there they are:hug:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Hey guys, in an effort to help make the forum a better place and to get some discussion going, I'm going to start a weekly tech tip. I will do a short write up on a tuning technique or a DIY type thing or share a trick that makes some of those PITA jobs a little less of a PITA or whatever. I already started one for this week, but I'm sure I will run out of ideas pretty quick. If there is something you would like me to address, please post it in this thread or PM it to me with the title of "tech tip". I'll try to eventually get to everyone's request, but if there is one that has a lot of requests or for whatever reason seems like it would be more helpful to more people, I will probably do it first. This isn't really a "help me fix my truck" type of thing, but more of a general knowledge on how to do things. I'd really like to see this take off, so let's hear those requests!

i really like your idea josh, especially since you kicked it off with great tech, stuff that most people wouldnt know.

sorry COCO but alot of the things you listed have beat to death over on DF :beatdeadhorse: im looking for stuff most people wouldnt know like the first tech tip josh already talked about, real hardcore tech is what separates DD and DF :thumb: :woott: