water to air after cooler

Deny

Oct 30, 2016
Hi all was on the internet and found a site called frozenboost They sell air to air and water to air, they claim that water to air is better. they are very reasonable on price was wondering if any one has heard or used there product? the reason i am looking for this is i am putting a 55 chevy 1/2 ton on a 2500 frame with a dmax and i am running out of room in the front and this would solve that problem. wonder if it would cool enough ??

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you search the site, you will find lots of members use water to air intercoolers, primarily for sled pulling, but sometimes drag racing.

You absolutely can run a water to air intercooler, but it normally isn't done for street use, except when you can't fit an air to air, because it costs more.

For competition, usually all you need is a water to air, a pump, and a tank/ice box. But for street use, you also need another water to air to get the heat back out, or you'll be stopping every 15 minutes to add more ice. When you price TWO water to air units of sufficient size, and the pumps, etc., it doesn't make sense if you can fit a air to air.

In your case, it might be the right answer. If you search around on the site, you can find lots of info on what sizes you need, etc. I've never run one, so I can't say much more specifically. Just search, read, and learn!

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Frozenboost makes decent quality stuff at great prices. I wouldn't be afraid to run one of theirs at all. We ran 2 different ones from them in 2013 & 2014.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
If you go air to water on the street a really good heat exchanger will be needed and like Dave said everything is going to take up space. If it we're me and I didn't go crazy with power I would go to a smaller radiator, electric fans and smaller intercooler. That should all fit up front.

I know a guy that put an LB7 in a 98 Silverado and makes mid 400 HP and he has a small Transport van Intercooler up front. So size isn't everything for daily driving.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
I purchased a 6" core intercooler it's massive and heavy but will be mounted by the shop building my chassis. The motor is set pretty far back and the firewall is gone. I was planning on mounting the radiator in the box of the truck but should now have enough room up front with the motor moved back.