water pump replacement?

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
I've changed mine. The part was about $300 at the dealer. The job will take you about 3 hours. Most of assemblies on the front of the motor need to be removed. Also the harmonic ballancer. You'll need a 1.5 inch 12 point to get the ballancer off. Mine was not a press fit so it just pulled off by hand. (no puller needed) The dealer quoted me $800 dollars to do the job. I did it myself mainly because I really don't like other people working on my truck. Everytime I have someone work on it I get it back with a new scratch and something not right. If you decide to replace it yourself, you will just know a little more about how your truck is put together for future Mods. Good luck.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I've changed mine. The part was about $300 at the dealer. The job will take you about 3 hours. Most of assemblies on the front of the motor need to be removed. Also the harmonic ballancer. You'll need a 1.5 inch 12 point to get the ballancer off. Mine was not a press fit so it just pulled off by hand. (no puller needed) The dealer quoted me $800 dollars to do the job. I did it myself mainly because I really don't like other people working on my truck. Everytime I have someone work on it I get it back with a new scratch and something not right. If you decide to replace it yourself, you will just know a little more about how your truck is put together for future Mods. Good luck.

I agree 110% i hate taking my truck to anyone and you gain knowlege but if it is under warrenty thats a different story (freebie) the only thing i havnt done to my truck was the alarm and i ended up taking it out rewireing my self
couldnt believe fresh install and they didnt check to see if it was working properly wtf and a scratch from where he installed the siren with a dull bit:mad:
i was up in the air about installing my lift because id never done one before
it was easy just time consuming but im glad i did it myself:)

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
this is what i mean by down on hand right now...
Picture%20158.jpg