Washington St Initiative #1491

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Just received my ballot in the mail today & came across this initiative. Looks like we're voting against the 2nd Amendment here in the Evergreen State. At first glance it seems like a reasonable measure till you read into it & realize they leave a bunch of room to interpretation to the court system.

Not sure if in this day & age you can trust any branch of the government to decide what's best for you. Let alone when some skeeze bag lawyer is arguing against you. There text in this measure that allows a hearing & order to surrender your firearms / weapons to happen without you even knowing said hearing is taking place.

Guess this is the world we live in. Make some crazy law the effects us normal tax paying citizens into criminals if the circumstances are right but won't effect the scum bag criminals that get these F'd up idea's into people's heads.

Thing I really don't like to think about... My dad work's for the sheriff's department here in town. So he may have to go into someone's house to take their weapons that they don't want to give up because a Judge or jury or whoever is going to make that call says he need to. Maybe without the accused every being able to tell his or her side of the story.

Best part is. You don't even have to commit a crime for this to happen. Some just has to convince the court that your a danger

** I'm not a Democrat or Republican. I'm sorry for anyone that has had a loss due to gun violence, but this isn't the answer. If you live in Washington please vote NO. I feel like this is going to open a can of worms into gun regulations into this state. **

No conspiracy theories here. Just a regular dude who works for a living to support his family.

Thanks for reading,

Luke

¬ Take a read at the measure below ¬

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Individual_Gun_Access_Prevention_by_Court_Order,_Initiative_1491_(2016)

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Sad to say, but I'm not shocked. They've failed too many times waving the anti 2A flag, they'll have to sneak it through.

Good luck to you guys up there.