LML Warranty problem

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
So i bought my lml for a reliable truck, and so i didnt have to be my own warranty. I was assured the warranty was not void, and the truck had not been chipped before.

I have not had the idle come up
At all for me to think it was in regen, not have i added any urea in 4000 miles.

Before i go back
To the dealership to talk about this to problem, i want to know for sure whether or not it has had emissions deleted.

Is there anything i can unplug that will induce a limp if emmisions are still there? I dont want to unplug anything that will cause me to link, and only come out of limp mode if it gets reflashed.

Thanks

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
What is wrong with it for you to take it to the dealer? Sounds like everything is operating normally. However an easy way to look for deletes is to look under the passenger side. If there is a huge black tank there then the Urea tank has not been removed. Look around the passenger frame rail and if the exhaust looks like a huge 25gallon barrel with hoses and probes going in it then the exhaust hasn't been deleted either.

If your dealer is decent you can take it to them and ask if anything 'aftermarket' has been done to it. And if so they should be able to put it back to stock for you without voiding your warranty. However if the ECM has been tuned your shit out of luck there.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
What is wrong with it for you to take it to the dealer? Sounds like everything is operating normally. However an easy way to look for deletes is to look under the passenger side. If there is a huge black tank there then the Urea tank has not been removed. Look around the passenger frame rail and if the exhaust looks like a huge 25gallon barrel with hoses and probes going in it then the exhaust hasn't been deleted either.

If your dealer is decent you can take it to them and ask if anything 'aftermarket' has been done to it. And if so they should be able to put it back to stock for you without voiding your warranty. However if the ECM has been tuned your shit out of luck there.

The tank is still there. Everything is still there. But no regen (that i know of) and no urea in that many miles? I have not filled the tank at all either.

If the urea has been deleted, then if i unplug anything, nothing will happen in the computer. If the urea is still enabled in the computer, it will limp, correct?

Only reason im posting is because the truck is showing no signs of still having emmisions, and i want to know whether or not they are still operating.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I really wouldn't deem anything wrong if the truck is not showing 'signs' of regen. I never notice the regen's in my dad's LMM. And if you don't do a lot of heavy towing/driving then the urea can last up to and a little over 5000miles.

I'd say just keep driving it. If you don't have to put in urea after about 6000-7000 miles then there may be something going on. Trucks with deletes are still a rarity especially the LML's and I don't think the chances of you randomly buying one off of a lot deleted are very high.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I can tell when mine regens. Idle goes up to 800, engine sounds different, compass points 180 off, and I can watch the fuel gauge needle drop lock a rock.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I can tell when mine regens. Idle goes up to 800, engine sounds different, compass points 180 off, and I can watch the fuel gauge needle drop lock a rock.

Really? That sucks

To the OP where did you buy the truck? From a private sale or dealer?