Wagler Heads and Intakes

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
T800 are you trolling? You've not been a member a day yet and here you are asking some really dumb questions about probably one of the best heads available for high horsepower duramax engines.

If your serious about some of these heads call wagler and talk to them, I've been around here a while and not heard anything but good about them.

There are some really big names running these heads and making huge power on them.

On another hand, it's a 3.0 truck, honestly your going to break shit, from what it sounds like if you have a head failure Jeremy will help you out best he can. Which is probably more than anyone else will do on a 3.0 truck.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not trying to be mean, but with questions like these, I'm not sure you have any business or any intention of running this serious of parts. "I'm building a 3.0 truck, how much HP these gonna give me" noone can answer that and if you are truly building a 3.0 truck, you should know that can't be answered.

This ^^

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
like everyone has said, if you want to compete competitively you need his heads and intake. Jeremy stood behind his problems 100% and is a great guy. It would have put most out of businesses but he learned from it and has a better head now.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
On the bright side if this guy is legit and does go through with the build there will be lots of good slightly used parts for sale in the garage section soon.

T800

Mar 13, 2015
Wagler Heads and Intake

I would like to here from guys that are actually using these heads just not guys that have heard about them .If you guys dyno these trucks you would know how much difference these heads would make. So it's really not such a dumb question.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
There are too many variables depending on your particular setup. I'll go out on a limb and say more than likely the more radical your setup the more benefit you will see. Putting a number on it is kind of like asking how much HP you will gain with 100% over injectors.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I would like to here from guys that are actually using these heads just not guys that have heard about them .If you guys dyno these trucks you would know how much difference these heads would make. So it's really not such a dumb question.

There are people in this thread that have these heads on their trucks, I honestly don't know of anyone that has just done a head swap to see power gains. Mark at Danville has done a lot of engine dynoing with these heads. Call him and see what he has to say about them.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota

Why don't you give us the rest of the details about your build like:

- injector's
- pumps
- turbo
- drivetrain
- A/W set up

Than maybe we can help you out more!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I just took a quick read through this thread and it blows my mind. If you were really building a 3.0 pull truck you would understand that all of these questions are ridiculous. Post some specs for the rest of the build and maybe a few pictures or go back into your parents basement and keep dreaming.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
How much difference these heads will make will depend on if you are air limited. They will still make a difference even if you are not. To make power it takes air and fuel. How much turbo you are running? How much camshaft you are running? How hard will you turn it? All of these things come into play. It's a package that makes the truck run better than others not the one or two items that you feel are the edge.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
If this was a small or big block Chevy or any motor with strong aftermarket support no it wouldn't be a dumb question. But this is a Duramax you have three choices ported stock, Brodix or the Wagler. So yes it is a dumb question.

T800

Mar 13, 2015
400 over LBZ Injectors 3sportsmanCP3s Pumps Harts Turbo Dana 60Frontend 20-145 Rearend Profab Dropbox and Reverser