VP Diesel Race Fuel?

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
Anybody run the VP Diesel Race Fuel in their Duramax? I've got a buddy that has ran it in his Cummins 3.0 pull truck and picked up 30hp on the engine dyno just by switching to the fuel. Curious to what other guys are running instead of just pump #2.

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
the VP TORQ DX is probably the best thing you can run without going right to BIO, we ran BIO last year and switched because of how nasty BIO is to the VP fuels, its not cheap but neither are fuels system components, going from BIO to the VP we had to increase the fuel quantity because of how clean it burns. :thumb:

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
the VP TORQ DX is probably the best thing you can run without going right to BIO, we ran BIO last year and switched because of how nasty BIO is to the VP fuels, its not cheap but neither are fuels system components, going from BIO to the VP we had to increase the fuel quantity because of how clean it burns. :thumb:

Yeah I thought he said 5 gallons was around $70

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I'd love to see someone like Mark do a back to back dyno test and report some real results. I wouldn't want to run it all the time but might be worth it for the track if it works as advertised.

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
The fuel does not have as much energy per part as regular diesel fuel because it burns so much easier. But I can say it runs a lot cleaner. Horse power gains vs cost.... I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
I'd love to see someone like Mark do a back to back dyno test and report some real results. I wouldn't want to run it all the time but might be worth it for the track if it works as advertised.

Kind of what I was thinking. My buddy that's running it heard everything from Harts Diesel which is the ones that supposedly did the dyno run.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I'd be the most curious about the claimed temp drops. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see an EGT drop.

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
I'd be the most curious about the claimed temp drops. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see an EGT drop.

We saw some temp drops on a 3.0 truck only changing fuel from run to run! Roughly 200* on the track.

ctodd36

Nov 4, 2016
Otego, NY
so it probably isn't a great option if your fuel system is already pushed to it's limits.

If you're maxed out then probably not. The one 2.5 truck we put it in we didn't notice a big difference other then it starts like a stock truck and has no haze at idle anymore. Other then it running a lot cleaner can't notice a difference on that. He is maxed out as well for right now until he puts a 2nd cp3 on it. When he does that we will know more

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Subd what about scheid hot diesel diesel power had a article that was pretty interesting about hot diesel fuels and additives scheid claims 30hp and 100ft lbs if I read that right on there site but it's not street use

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Subd what about scheid hot diesel diesel power had a article that was pretty interesting about hot diesel fuels and additives scheid claims 30hp and 100ft lbs if I read that right on there site but it's not street use
Haisley Machine sells an additive package that you mix with normal pump diesel we have found that it was good for 25 HP and 50 FT/LBS on a 975HP Cummins on the engine dyno so the HP claim on Scheids fuel is believable, the torque gain is probably possible on a big cube low rpm tractor motor. On the same engine and dyno we mixed the Haisley additive in B100 soybean bio diesel and with no changes we picked up 40HP

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Mark, along with myself have tested this fuel. We both have had barrels of it for quite some time.

The Fuel has change several times due to refinery's burning down.
The first batch was the best. I know I have seen it from 10hp all the way to 100hp increase. With a few hard part limits being how it reacts.. but, the issue is for us pulling guys, it does not meet spec for pretty much everyone's fuel rule. Obviously for the money its not worth it for street use and when it comes to drag racing you are pretty much unlimited so save the money and buy a bigger turbo, injector, pump ect. and have a lot more to gain.