Victor Reinz vs OEM LML head gaskets

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Are either of these better than the other? I found a thread from a couple years ago about this that had lots of opinions but didn't seem like there was any real world experience either way. Lost a set of studded LML's a few weeks ago, pretty sure it was due to a spun water pump impeller and overheating though rather than bad gaskets. Trying to decide which way to go when I put my motor back together.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Are either of these better than the other? I found a thread from a couple years ago about this that had lots of opinions but didn't seem like there was any real world experience either way. Lost a set of studded LML's a few weeks ago, pretty sure it was due to a spun water pump impeller and overheating though rather than bad gaskets. Trying to decide which way to go when I put my motor back together.

As far as I've seen it's a preference. I'm pretty certain Mark @ Danville has run the LML gaskets in big power builds with no real issue. Shane Phinney also posted running the Victor head gaskets under his triple turbo setup without any problems. I'd personally go off which one you like better and price that you like.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
my lml gaskets failed under the same conditions, spun the waterpump got hot and the gasket cracked. went back together with the original style gaskets again.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Levi I have r an both gaskets under power over 1000 hp without issues. The Victor would be easier on clean up if you had to disassemble for any reason. That would be a plus for that but other than that would be price or preference.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Overheated with lml's. No heat every morning now till airlock pushes out.

Who made the original rivited gaskets? Want to go back with them.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Here's what the VRs look like

IMAG0338_zpsay7wzwti.jpg