Van 2007 LMM engine removal

Mangler

Sep 24, 2019
New here so let me start with "Hello all, from sunny Florida!". On to the meat-....How in Gods name does this engine come out? Should I be pulling the body off or does it come out through the front? I've pulled and replaced many chevy gas van motors over the years, all through the front. This Duramax though... its some next level sh#t. I've been 2 days solid removing accessories and such trying to create enough clearance to stick an engine hoist in there and I'm still not sure it will be enough.
I'm removing the engine because I love this van. I'm a wood flooring guy by trade and I use these vans to pull tandem axle trailers. Haven't found anything that does the job as well as these duramax vans. I was pulling a trailer home about a month ago and noticed my oil pressure dropped to 0 while flying down the interstate at 80. My first thought was that the gauge went bad because i am aware of the bad stepper motor history these vans have. Started slowing down, but not soon enough. Turbo seized and before I could shut it off the crank started squalling(making noise). So I pulled over and cried..... Got another engine and started the removal process. I suspect it sheared the drive pin off the crank, not sure though.
I'm taking lots of pictures trying to make sure that i will be able to get all this back together. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mangler

Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the response. Cant believe I left that out...Yes it's a van. Anybody know for sure if I have to lift the body off to get the engine out?

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
pulling the body will be the easiest fastest way. other option is to disassemble the engine down to the short block before trying to remove

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I updated your thread title, should help get a few more looks but im pretty sure the body coming off the frame would be the easiest.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
picture.php