Question: V2 to V3 Upgrade

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Is there going to be an upgrade program to go from a V2 to a V3 like there was for V1 owners years ago? If so, any idea what the turnaround time or cost will be?

Is there going to be an upgrade program to go from a V2 to a V3 like there was for V1 owners years ago? If so, any idea what the turnaround time or cost will be?
There is no upgrade path. V2 remains fully functional and fully supported. Should you wish to upgrade to V3, we recommend that you custom order your V3 to contain the same master license number as your V2 so that you can continue to lock/unlock and link/unlink tune files and devices across your tuning business without having to find the correct device.

Cheers
Cindy

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If we have a V2 wear out, would we be able to send it in and order a new V3, and have the VIN licenses transferred to the V3? Sometimes I think my V2 isn't long for this world (display/keypad problems), and I would really rather not have to buy duplicate VIN licenses for my vehicles when it finally croaks.

If we have a V2 wear out, would we be able to send it in and order a new V3, and have the VIN licenses transferred to the V3? Sometimes I think my V2 isn't long for this world (display/keypad problems), and I would really rather not have to buy duplicate VIN licenses for my vehicles when it finally croaks.

Yes, that is what we do for customers currently who's V2 requires replacement out of warranty - they buy the new V2 with the License Replacement Service and we move them over.

Cheers
Cindy

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So we will be able to flash with this as a stand-alone no laptop required?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

Yes, that is what we do for customers currently who's V2 requires replacement out of warranty - they buy the new V2 with the License Replacement Service and we move them over.

Cheers
Cindy

I just want to be clear, if my V2 breaks/dies I will be able to order a new V3 with my current V2's information (license number) as well as transfer over all my licenses from my V2 to a new V3?

I believe you can do this now. When I go to a sled pull I use my V2 to flash in my trans file without my laptop as it is stored on its internal memory (unless you're asking about something different).

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Looks pretty slick, just a way to edge out the competition I suppose. Don't think I'll be upgrading for no reason, probably wait till my v2 poops out

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hell all I hear about is HP tuners any more. I was starting to think EFI live wasn’t long for this world. I can’t even find a good local guy to do gassers with EFI live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Hell all I hear about is HP tuners any more. I was starting to think EFI live wasn’t long for this world. I can’t even find a good local guy to do gassers with EFI live.

X2. Between that and the epa crap I'm suprised they actually did it. Also do see a huge reason to update other then it loading files faster.

Yes, it has all of the features of FlashScan V2/AutoCal (which both do standalone flashing) plus more.
I just want to be clear, if my V2 breaks/dies I will be able to order a new V3 with my current V2's information (license number) as well as transfer over all my licenses from my V2 to a new V3?
Yes, this is EXACTLY what we currently offer if FlashScan V2 breaks/requires replacement. As per the current process, you cannot active your new device until the old device is returned.

Looks pretty slick, just a way to edge out the competition I suppose. Don't think I'll be upgrading for no reason, probably wait till my v2 poops out
There is no reason to update unless you choose to. V2/AutoCal will continue to function and continue to be supported. We've introduced new hardware because components on FlashScan V2/AutoCal are now obsolete. Once we are out of stock for AutoCal V2, all AutoCal shipments will be on AutoCal V3.

X2. Between that and the epa crap I'm suprised they actually did it. Also do see a huge reason to update other then it loading files faster.

EFILive is not going anywhere. The EPA may have affected some of our customers, but EFILive is a tool it's not a part, the way you use it will determine your compliance in your location, and the USA is just one of our markets.

I would agree, doesn't seem to offer a benefit for existing V2 owners unless yours fails.
In a throw away society, we've taken the view that we don't want customers throw away their V2 just to update to the latest. It's simply not necessary - V2 remains fully supported and fully functional.

Cheers
Cindy

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yes, it has all of the features of FlashScan V2/AutoCal (which both do standalone flashing) plus more.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what we currently offer if FlashScan V2 breaks/requires replacement. As per the current process, you cannot active your new device until the old device is returned.

There is no reason to update unless you choose to. V2/AutoCal will continue to function and continue to be supported. We've introduced new hardware because components on FlashScan V2/AutoCal are now obsolete. Once we are out of stock for AutoCal V2, all AutoCal shipments will be on AutoCal V3.

EFILive is not going anywhere. The EPA may have affected some of our customers, but EFILive is a tool it's not a part, the way you use it will determine your compliance in your location, and the USA is just one of our markets.

In a throw away society, we've taken the view that we don't want customers throw away their V2 just to update to the latest. It's simply not necessary - V2 remains fully supported and fully functional.

Cheers

Cindy

Thanks for the information

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Once we are out of stock for AutoCal V2, all AutoCal shipments will be on AutoCal V3.

Cheers
Cindy[/QUOTE]

Will the ACv3 be compatible with the FSv2? At some point it looks like we will only be able to get the ACv3 and need to make sure our FSv2 will still do the job we need it to do.......

Last edited:
Will the ACv3 be compatible with the FSv2? At some point it looks like we will only be able to get the ACv3 and need to make sure our FSv2 will still do the job we need it to do.......

You'll be able to link/unlink AutoCals and lock/unlock tune files across the suite of EFILive products provided the master license is the same, so yes your FlashScan V2 can link AutoCals.

Cheers
Cindy