V2 Problems!!!

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I can not take my Laptop and download my Buddies LLY stock info!! I loaded EFI V2 on my Laptop connected the V2 unit to the Laptop and all it says is that there is no connection to the PCM..WTF am I doing wrong.. I transfered all of my licsences over to V2 and nothing works. This is excactly what I did..

1. Hooked up my V2 to the Laptop and to the Truck..
2. Launched the Software, with the ignition on.
3.Clicked on the Up arrow for downloading.
4. Clicked on Start and the Icon comes up EFI Live cannot communicate with Flashscan..
5. This Sh!t pisses me off!!!!! I hate when things don't worki..
6. Going to have a TALL Jack and Coke!!!
7. To be continued!!!:mad:

Joey

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
If this is the first time that this truck has been read, have you checked to make sure there is not a blown fuse? There is one that when it blows you can't communicate with the PCM. I think its the cig lighter but I'm not positive. This got me when I used EFLive (diag) on a friends Silverado.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If this is the first time that this truck has been read, have you checked to make sure there is not a blown fuse? There is one that when it blows you can't communicate with the PCM. I think its the cig lighter but I'm not positive. This got me when I used EFLive (diag) on a friends Silverado.

poltergeist you are right about the car lighter fuse the OBDII is tied in with the lighter. Mine had the same problem couldnt connect to flashscan. check the fuse

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Thanks Guy's I will check Fuse when he brings the Truck back over.All you have to do is liscence the V2 once correct? I plugged both the V1 and V2 into my home computer, and Transfered all of my Liscences over. This is all I need to do right? Also when I plug the V2 in line with my Laptop when it was in the Truck it let me clear DTC's so I would think it can communicate with the ECM?? It gives me his info on the Truck on the V2 screen VIN, OS, ect.. Do you have to go to a certain screen on the V2 in order to Download info? I just don't know WTF i'm doing wrong!!!

Joey