v2 problem?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
ok i was updating my v2 about two weeks ago. i did not really get anywhere with the process, however it asked me to upgrade my boot block. I never did as far as i know since i was not sure of what the boot block was. well fast forward to today and i was able to scan fine however i tried to read a tune out and i keep getting the error you see in the pic below and it wont complete the operation. What is this and should i upgrade my boot block and what exactly is it???efi.JPG

Attachments

• efi.JPG
    efi.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 16

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
I am very new to this so take this as u will.. but im pretty sure you need the lasted firm ware and bb.. I think you go to v8 and check firm ware.. could try unchecking high speed.. could be wrong

Last edited:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I am very new to this so take this as u will.. but im pretty sure you need the lasted firm ware and bb.. I think you go to v8 and check firm ware.. could try unchecking high speed.. could be wrong

i tried to do this awhile ago, however the computer software will not detect my v2 to update firmware. so i went into my v2 itself and their is a uprade you can walk through on the v2 itself and it asks you to upgrade the boot block however the upgrade is not reversible so i wanted to make sure i should. and i would think after i do that i can upgrade the firmware with my pc

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
ha I hate it when it says it not reversible.. :stupidcomputer:.. so I guess I would also make sure first.. but I do think that being up to date is needed.. hope someone that knows will chime in..

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
well i upgraded the boot block however now it is just flashing the amber leds and is not restarting.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
well got it out of dead poll mode and updated the firmware, however it still wont read the tune out. only thing i can think to do is attempt to pull the radio and info fuse which i have never had to do. i will attempt this tomorrow.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
I hope you get it figured out.. ive always been able to read tunes just fine my troubles always seem to come when flashing.. also try reading in v8 ive been told this also. for sure pull the radio fuse.. I just tuned a lmm and did pull them..

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
yeah i got her figured out. in 5 years iv never had an issue. it seemed to be all firmware related. zach over at starlite helped me out. my boot block was about 4 yrs outdated, so after i took care of that in the v2 itself, i was finally able to update the firmware via the v8 software. my main issue was whether or not to update the bootblock as i was unsure exactly what this was. But we are all good now. I was getting worried. Im in Florida visiting my brothers, and i dont get here very often, he wanted some changes made. I was worried i was gonna have to scrap this v2.