V2 issue

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
I recently bought a V2 off of a member to replace my V1 and am having issues connecting to my truck. I keep getting a code that says ERR_NOCABLE/31 but all cables are connected. If I disconnect the cable from the lap top I can power the V2 off of the truck and if I disconnect it from the truck I can power it off of the laptop. Any suggestions would be great.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm in Cherry Hill with a V2 if you want to try swapping cables or anything to see what's up.
Wally

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Correct me if I'm wrong, when the Australian's refer to the "cable" don't they mean the V2 or Autocal itself not the physical cable connection.? I have read hundreds of pages at the EFI forums and that is the conclusion I have come to..?

Last edited:

testdrive

May 28, 2013
try removing the cigarette lighter fuse if you are using the laptop while connected to the OBD2 port. That will remove the 12v source and you will be powered only from the USB.
May have and issue with the V2

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
I'll try the lighter. I also want to add that I can still connect to the truck with the v1. Yesterday I tried both and only the v1 worked.