V-2 and TCM questions

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
1 Can you reset the he TAPSS with a V-2 and if so how?
2 Will a TCM tune reset the TAPPS automatically or do you need a Tech-2 here as well?
3 With the mods in my sig that I am just finishing up with should I spring for a TCM tune?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
1 Can you reset the he TAPSS with a V-2 and if so how?
2 Will a TCM tune reset the TAPPS automatically or do you need a Tech-2 here as well?
3 With the mods in my sig that I am just finishing up with should I spring for a TCM tune?

Unless you want to raise shift points, skip 1st gear or need to enable TCC lockup stock TCM tunes work great if you have a good ECM tune.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
What about resetting the TAPPS for the newly built transmission??? Can I do this with my V-2????

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
It's been awhile and I'm nowhere near my computer, but you hook up your v-2 and laptop to the truck, open up v 7.5 scanner then hit the green button to connect and select your tcm. Under the DVT tab you should find the tap reset options.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
It's been awhile and I'm nowhere near my computer, but you hook up your v-2 and laptop to the truck, open up v 7.5 scanner then hit the green button to connect and select your tcm. Under the DVT tab you should find the tap reset options.

Awesome that's what I was looking for :happy2:
Thanks that will be a big help I was thinking I was going to have to rely on the the stealership.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Flashing in a new tcm tune resets taps, but I believe you'll need a v2 to do a fast relearn. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just flashing in a tune does not automatically reset the taps unless you go under the tab at the top and physically select it to do so. If you DONT, then whatever the taps read when the tcm tune was originally read will be used as base and will adapt off there. As stated, under the DVT tab it can be commanded to reset also.

Sometimes if you load completely different transmission tunes, say your buddy has a good one you want to try, and you flash it in yours, it will shift entirely different. So many things dictate the taps between trucks. Trans condition, pressure mods, driving habit, etc.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Just flashing in a tune does not automatically reset the taps unless you go under the tab at the top and physically select it to do so. If you DONT, then whatever the taps read when the tcm tune was originally read will be used as base and will adapt off there. As stated, under the DVT tab it can be commanded to reset also.

Sometimes if you load completely different transmission tunes, say your buddy has a good one you want to try, and you flash it in yours, it will shift entirely different. So many things dictate the taps between trucks. Trans condition, pressure mods, driving habit, etc.

More good info thank you. I know when my fire dist. got new engines with adaptive learning Allison transmissions it was a problem because they were always driven so differently and always short trips. The TCMs never knew what was going on.

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC

Well, mine definitely involuntarily reset when I read back, wrote and flashed back in my tcm tune.. Don't ask me how I know. I almost shit my pants being stupid. Allison was NOT happy. Live & learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk