used v2

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
So i scored a used v2 off ebay just has the odb2 cord .payed 300 bucks for it was it a good deal?plugged it in and it works fine dont seem to have any licenses on it so need some advise as to how to go about getting a license and i plan on going with idaho rob when u get all my parts on .so far i have A stock turbo with batmowheel and banks big head .mbrp down pipe .bd manifold.fass 150.4inch intake and airhorn.straight piped 4inch.ats copilot.i plan on bupilding the tranny at some point this year.have a bunch of other parts too but as far as engine goes that's about what ive gotten.i haven't got it all on yet wanting to get everything i can before i put it all in.im totally open to suggestions as far as getting more parts and where to get licences or really anything im a total newb with efi so not really sure where to go from here.thanks ahead of time u everyone on here has been a huge help for a novice like me.i live this forum.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Rob can get you a license and tunes as far as cable you can get that at walmart .I dont know the name but its just like a cord you would use for a printer

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
Oh ok i didnt know it was a basic cable i thought it had to be a specific one sweet i got a few of those lying around thanks for the info. Any advise where to get a dsp 5 switch ?are the digital ones any good they look cool but the knob looks like it give u more control.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
Bt diesel works for a digital one if not atp will sell you one when you order tunes. Personal preference they both do the same job.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Is the copilot installed already? If not, sell it. Won't help the stock trans that much, and not many trans builders will want to use it.

A license can be purchased from ATP when you buy tunes if you go through them, or straight from the EFI website. If you know FOR SURE the trans is getting built, just order Robs built trans tunes now, and TRY to keep it on the lower tunes.

IMO, leave the downpipe and manifold off until the trans is removed. Don't really need many more parts than what you listed, a tuned built trans truck with a lift pump will put you over 500hp and that makes for a decent running street / DD truck.

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
copilots in there already but i can take it out im changing my pan out anyway but i do think i need a new stock internal harness for the allison when i removed the old one it had fluid in the connector.so probably leave it on till i do the tranny i do have aspare allison in the garage maybe ill take the harness out of that one but i think i can come up with the funds to do the trans sooner.and update i guess i should have tried playing with the v2 and its software before asking questions looks like i got super lucky i updated it and checked with the software it says theres 2 licenses on it and says none have been used :woott::thumb: super pumped glad i took the chance on it so worth the 300 bucks.oh and all the parts are actually off right now so i can also wait until i get funds for tranny build and tune.probably put the lift pump on today though been wanting one since i got her and finally got one.

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
so douse that mean because it says it has 2 licenses on it when i get the tuning option upgrade it comes with 2 more ?so then i should have 4 right just thinking since i only spent 300 on this as is upgrading it wont be that bad:( tying to see the sunny side of things :D

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Now you have me confused, load the EFI software on your computer and check to see what it has before you purchase anything further. You can buy the V2 3-ways IIRC, one just for scanning and the other 2 with the tuning option for Dodge or Chevy.....

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
well under licenses it says vin licenses 2 available 2 used 0.and looking at the gmtuning upgrade on efi website it says that the upgrade comes with 2 more licenses so after i upgrade i should have 4or at least thats how im seeing it.

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
scanning and logginng is checked green and gm tuning cummins tuning and pro tuning are red check marks.so from what i can gather i need the gm tuning option right?or will i not need that to use robs tune?

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
when i go to the tuning licence detail it sais it has 2 vin licenses 2 available and 0 used.i understand i inadvertantly bought the scan only but guy i got it from didnt even know it worked i took a gamble to save a buck lol maybe now ill win the lottery.but anyway im totally open to suggestions as to what route to take.