LLY: Upgraded From a 15 To a 06

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
That's what mine is. Late 05 build so it's LLY vin and LLY amount of power and torque rating but the entire truck is lbz. Just wish it had the lly pistons...it'd make me feel better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That should change once my tunes from tony come.:thumb:

If it was an actual lly engine I wouldn't have bought it. It does kind of suck its the oddball cause of the confusion and im guessing it has the chitty head gaskets.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats! Unbelievable find. If it was a GMC, Id be dying a little more inside right now.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md

If it was an actual lly engine I wouldn't have bought it. It does kind of suck its the oddball cause of the confusion and im guessing it has the chitty head gaskets.

i have seen "mid year" 06s that are lbz badged still have the shitty crimped gaskets.

the only reason Gm had the lower lly power rated engines in 06 was to clean up the rest of the zf6 transmissions. They arent rated for the torque the lbz makes.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY

Couldn't tell ya. I've been tuned for 15k miles and mine had lived on tune 5 since day 1. First stock trans stock turbo, then built trans stock turbo, then 366, now stg2r. It's handles it and the 366 put out 43psi of boost and I never had an issue with coolant...yet. let's hop I don't have the chitty hg's

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Phenomenal trade up! I love my 07 Classic LBZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlucasfarmer

Nov 28, 2015
I recently bought a 06 LLY also. Mine is a GMC CCSB. The interior is leather bucket seats with a sunroof. I already swapped a center jump seat into it. I plan on building the trans then efi live
cec8f060e73cdc82f5cb3b44b28dc13e.jpg

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
I recently bought a 06 LLY also. Mine is a GMC CCSB. The interior is leather bucket seats with a sunroof. I already swapped a center jump seat into it. I plan on building the trans then efi live

So you took out the centre console out and replaced it with a centre jump seat?
Interested in selling your centre console?
What colour is it? If you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus yo!

jlucasfarmer

Nov 28, 2015
So you took out the centre console out and replaced it with a centre jump seat?
Interested in selling your centre console?
What colour is it? If you don't mind me asking.

It is the charcoal gray color. I was planing on just putting it on the attic incase one day I decided I wanted it back in the truck. I highly doubt I will ever want it again. Let me think about it and I will get back to you

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
. Charcoal gray is what I'm looking for. Thanks. Nice truck btw clean and simple.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD

I just did that on mine yesterday. Actually converted the jump seat to leather too.
2fc586dbed6e063bcc2c5d34b1eb4336.jpg